mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

pumpplayers.org - gone but not forgotten...

Although I used to post at pumpplayers.org quite a bit, I haven't been there much over the past year or two. Today I go to the site to poke around a bit and it's gone - domain up for sale.

Is it gone for good? Anyone know what happened - did Brentifer and BigChiefMunkey decide not to keep it going or just forget to pay a bill? Traffic was very low so I figure it is down for the count.

Now when I wear my pumpplayers.org t-shirt, no one will have any idea it even existed.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

JKR
It appears that the site was inactive for a little over a year. My first clue was that the sites Icon Library disappeared. I will also miss the site as it was one of the first that I joined.
Pump_Geezer
Pump_Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Yeah, I became a member there when I was first considering buying a Phantom - my first "real" gun.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump_Geezer View Post
JKR
It appears that the site was inactive for a little over a year. My first clue was that the sites Icon Library disappeared. I will also miss the site as it was one of the first that I joined.
Pump_Geezer

I think I had posted in the forums less than a year ago. However, time flies. Now that you mention it, the last couple of times I hit on the page, there were no graphics so I moved on thinking there was a glich.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

I used to hang out there along time ago also. Thats where I used to sell those orange speed caps back when I was still in highschool.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
STICKERS!

Send a message via MSN to Ryantuomi

CCM Fan
I used to hang out there online too.. played on a joint Pump Players Internet Group/Team Internet Pump (PPIG/TIP) team at skyball 2001...

Ryantuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Sometimes these things come full circle. I started my pump loving days at www.pumpplayers.org

I bought my Phantom off of Hans who used to be there.

Always wanted to join up with you guys at skyball... Never made it before that venue closed down.

I remember getting into collecting back then, and when I already had a rare or old gun or I just couldn't afford it, I wanted to post my finds.

The guys at www.pumpplayers.org really did not like the idea of posting ebay finds and I got a lot of flak for doing it a few times.

So, I created my own forums and started posting my ebay finds to share with the rest of the collectors and gun whores of the world.

I still loved pump and to this day still play and promote it, but I also use other guns and broadened my style of play along with it.

So long story short, pumpplayers.org shut its doors. Sad to see it go. Today, it came up for release. For some strange reason, I just had to have it. It's the site that started all this (in one form or another). Call it an ironic twist of fate, or just me paying homage to the site I thought really stood out above all the others back during those days, and one that I called home for a short while.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com

Last edited by Painthappy; 07-23-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

You redirected it to this thread!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
CHEERS!

MCB domination +1

Old 07-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
Sometimes these things come full circle. I started my pump loving days at pumpplayers.org - gone but not forgotten... - mcarterbrown.com

I bought my Phantom off of Hans who used to be there.

Always wanted to join up with you guys at skyball... Never made it before that venue closed down.

I remember getting into collecting back then, and when I already had a rare or old gun or I just couldn't afford it, I wanted to post my finds.

The guys at pumpplayers.org - gone but not forgotten... - mcarterbrown.com really did not like the idea of posting ebay finds and I got a lot of flak for doing it a few times.

So, I created my own forums and started posting my ebay finds to share with the rest of the collectors and gun whores of the world.

I still loved pump and to this day still play and promote it, but I also use other guns and broadened my style of play along with it.

So long story short, pumpplayers.org shut its doors. Sad to see it go. Today, it came up for release. For some strange reason, I just had to have it. It's the site that started all this (in one form or another). Call it an ironic twist of fate, or just me paying homage to the site I thought really stood out above all the others back during those days, and one that I called home for a short while.
I still remember when this place got its start back when ebay finds were easy pickins

I always loved the logo.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers