mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #971 (permalink)
Damage Inc.

She'll be a user for sure
Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #972 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift View Post
I just snagged this for a song. I plan on grabbing a 14" barrel from Bacci and I'm going to try and track down some thumb screws and matching pump screws.

I've wanted a brown gripped .45 frame Bushmaster for a long time!

Jeffrey
Ah so you snagged it. I was keeping an eye on it.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #973 (permalink)
Damage Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Rick View Post
Ah so you snagged it. I was keeping an eye on it.

I just had to take a stab at it. I can't wait to see what's inside of it.

Jeffrey
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #974 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Oh shiat you have snagged a very rare SI wire stock ready lower. I think I saw the wire stock here a couple of months ago FS in the BIN section all alone. Very nice grab.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #975 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Oh shiat you have snagged a very rare SI wire stock ready lower. I think I saw the wire stock here a couple of months ago FS in the BIN section all alone. Very nice grab.
Oh that's what those holes are for... man, when I saw the pic I was wracking my brain trying to figure out why someone would drill holes there... very cool!
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #976 (permalink)
Damage Inc.

Thanks DSA. I'll look around and see if I can find said wire stock.
I knew that's what the holes were for but I never thought I'd be able to find a wire stock.
Now that I think about it, it would be a shame for it to go without.

Jeffrey
Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #977 (permalink)
Damage Inc.

It finally arrived today!
Lapco bolt, non adjustable?
Fluted hammer, Lapco?
Line SI #6 power tube.
Aired right up and shoots fine.

One thing of note is that the holes drilled in the bottom of the .45 are not the standard threading used to mount most stocks or duckbills.
I will have to drill out the DB I plan to use to accept the larger screws. Is this common?

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Last edited by Makeshift; 12-10-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Makeshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #978 (permalink)
MCB Member

Minty Bushmaster deluxe for a steal

So this prettyboy showed up on CL a while back for $50. Not knowing much about bushies I looked around and found out that deluxes have removable barrels. Upon looking at the guy's pics I was pretty sure this was a deluxe. Offered $30 he accepted, but I decided not to go for it...until about a week and a half ago he listed it for $20 and lived 5 mins from me. Sold to me. Came with a 7oz tank(can't find a date stamp, though exempt, Sports Authority won't fill without a current date on tanks. ) and a ammo box. I slapped a vl bow and a stick feed and had a blast with it.

The gun has very, very little anno wear on it. I added the 12g changer that I picked up a while back in a trade and the trigger shoe was stolen from a cocker. It leaked when i got it, the valve spring was broken or cut too short. I can't remember if I shimmed it or replaced it with random spring, but it shot about 285-95 with .683ish paint. I have the adjustable hammer most the way out. I think I got about 25-30 shots, which is fine at that velocity and massive overbore.

Searching around revealed that the stock barrels are safe to have freaked? The retaining ring doesn't become too thin? I'm thinking about having it bored and keeping this as my permanent sc gun, for when I just want to mess around. Plus its quite a bit higher quality than my sl-68II.

pics

Misc Sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...yder-more.html

wanted:
Parts: Left feed sterling body with detent, sheridan valve tool, SP easy on/off asa in black or chrome/polished clear.
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #979 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Being an original Bushmaster Deluxe owner, I must say, your's is in amazing condition, looks like original anno, no visible pump rub marks, all original screws and, no serious scratches.

That being said, what are the internals? From what I can see it looks like you may have the stock bolt (vice a nelspot compatible). What kind of Hammer and Powertube do you have? The stock barrels are massive overbore for .683 paint so, that alone would explain difficulty in getting velocity up.

FYI- your's is a pre-90 deluxe model (in 90, they redesigned the rear of the body and the ASA so that you only need one screw vice the current three).

If you play with this marker, be advised that the various screws have a tendency to work themselves loose and a lot of folks lost them when they fell off on the field. I still have all mine (aside from the PITA Block Screw (aka barrel retention screw) that broke under warranty) and I think it's because I bought a bunch of tiny o-rings to slip over the screws like washers (for friction).

I know a couple different folks here had their barrels freak bored but, I couldn't address just what their solutions were as I agree, the retention ring/groove does bring the O.D. pretty close to the I.D. You may want to get another barrel to try and Freak bore as your gun is in such great cosmetic shape (matching anno and all).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #980 (permalink)
MCB Member

thanks for the info. When I first took it apart the screws where in pretty tight, but they do loosen up, especially after ATing. I'll probably use some teflon tape or blue loctite on most of the screws, once I have it set up.

as to what internal's I'm not sure. I can check tonight. the bolt is half metal half plastic/delrin. The hammer is adjustable, but not having any problems with velocity. I think the valve spring I put it must be pretty weak as I have the main spring adjusted for minimal tension, and I was still shooting 290s in 70* weather.

anyone who's had a barrel freaked have anything to say about durability after an extended period of use? For now I'll just use some electrical tape, but inserts would be nice for efficiency.

Misc Sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...yder-more.html

wanted:
Parts: Left feed sterling body with detent, sheridan valve tool, SP easy on/off asa in black or chrome/polished clear.
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers