mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

I see thats what made it so special. Only sponsored teams had the cool stuff back then.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
I see thats what made it so special. Only sponsored teams had the cool stuff back then.
Sponsored teams back then had to buy their guns from Ross you did get a set of pump arms with team name on them like set that c6squad has in other Line SI thread.I still have a grey SI body from back in the day that I never put on a gun it is marked like DSA's gun.
RJ
R.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

I think most sponsored teams back in the day really only got a break in price. Easy CO was an exception to this rule with Montneel Design. Marcus ,Moe, and Craig fully sponsored us with markers and tee shirts. We had to find other sponsors for paint which was usually just dealer cost and the cost of the events we attended was paid by team members. I still remember my wife asking me if I was aware I had $10,000.00 charged on my Paintball Visa. That was for airfare, enrty fees ect.

I was very loyal to Montneel Design and continued to carry a sponsorship even after Easy CO dropped them. When montneel broke up marcus tried like heck to get me to cross over but by then it was too late Craig and Moe kept me in parts for years in turn I stayed loyal to them to the end. I was one of the first to get extra goodies ie HPA GAS Z ect. I guess in the end I felt like a sponsor helped me out not for what I could get from him but rather what I could do for him. Its an odd but todays paintballers look at sponsorship in the opposite text. Thus every play day not just big events I never missed a chance to push Montneel products. That being said Colorado was a big market for Montneel.

I guess to clairify my statement I should have stated only sponsored teams had access to special item not available to the general public. Example these special colored snubs. I wasn't on an SI team so please correct me and fill in the gaps over on our SI Knowledge Bsse thread.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.

Last edited by DSA; 08-18-2008 at 02:47 PM.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

DSA's Bushy -

This was hard ano................. While I was a member on the Cal Bushmasters Jerry had us use the "new product" as our team guns. Mongo

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers