mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
That looks like a decent platform, especially for what you're paying. A couple things to keep in mind though...as with all markers, if you're going to be using Co2, take off the CP reg, and just put a airthrough grip. The Trilogy's were basically made to be able to take HPA, or Co2. You'll just blow out your reg if you use Co2 in it.
The nice thing about the Trilogy cockers, is there's really no way to get it out of time, which is a big thing with most other cockers. It's out of time, it won't shoot properly. The Trilogy has no problem with that sort of thing, unless you put a different frame on it, then you'll need something like the TechT Timing rod, no biggy really. Then again, if you put a different frame on it, while it's a pump, it doesn't harm anything. You just might have a little gap between the top of the frame, and the bottom of the body.
Once you get used to aiming down the side of the marker, you should have yourself a great shooter. I personally prefer centerfeed markers over left or right feeds, even with pumps. So have fun with it!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rec Poster

So with mounting vertical air all I'd need to do it remove the reg. and it should screw right into where the reg. was correct?

Nice sig by the way. Drachen. Gotta' remember that term

Of course, I could also always shell out just a little more cash and buy one of those 13ci or 20ci (perhaps it's 22ci) 3000psi HPA tanks as well. Perhaps that would work a bit better...(?)

Last edited by THATGUY; 08-17-2008 at 01:23 PM.
THATGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by THATGUY View Post
Is there really that much of an advantage to a pump grip? I've seen a few people prefer it, but for almost $20 more is it really worth it?
I think it's a mixture of fashion taste and playing style. I've had my LA Hitmen pumphandle (prototype by a known mfg. that has never been released) for more then a year now and I like the way it looks on my gun so I don't plan on taking it off. But I've only seriously used it for it's intended purpose maybe... twice. Once was a offhand situation where I was getting pinched into my bunker, the other time was when I was lying in a shallow ditch during a scenario game.

That being said... I like the way it feels during my pump stroke. For me it provides a backstop to my pump hand and during normal play I feel like I have a more secure grip on the pump.

Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kind of off topic, but not really...say in tourny ball, would it be illegal (as I've heard in the past) to instead of putting just a hitman mod type on the pump handle, a whole vertical grip. I prefer to hold the reg when I shoot, but the hitman mods don't look all that pleasing sometimes. And it's a hassle to pump, grab the reg, shoot, pump...
Old 08-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

If you're still phyisically pulling and pushing the bolt to load and chamber paintballs, I'm good with it. Just my POV but I think the vertical grip would be slower to pump.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Drachen. With a hitman mod the user can hold the reg and grab the hitman mod with their 2 fingers. While holding down the auto trigger the pump stroke essentially becomes a 1 inch or so trigger pull. With a return spring you can get pretty quick all while gripping the vertical reg.

Alot of people dont use return springs and will constantly grip the gun from the pump handle to hold it forward.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers