mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Furries are EVERYWHERE :3

need help building a "sniper"

Hey, for the past year and a half, I wanted a phantom, i had everything worked out and would have it in about 2 months from now. A friend had his ligtning with him yesterday. I pumped it once, and decided i wanted a cocker pump. the problem is that i am a total cocker/sniper newb.

I'm not entering the build-off, i just need help building my pump.

I have a budget of about $1000, including ano and milling work.
I need to know what the best parts i can get for under that price are

thanks

Edit: where's the best place to get a micro job done?

Last edited by Stripes; 08-17-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
IF you want the best 'sniper' style marker ever assembled, you can buy a CCM series 6 marker, already assembled. There a few for sale here, or you can buy from CCM directly.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...-s6-s-f-s.html

THey have the lightest non-halfblock sniper body, an autotrigger, and the smoothest pump-stroke available...

IF you insist on building your own...wow...there are LOTS of options, tons of parts: I would recommend a CCM pump-kit w/auto trigger, and maybe send your body to Hvacman at PBMODSHOP for some half-blocking....
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

yeah, i don't really want a ccm, i considered it, but i really wanted to build my own, and i'm probably going to go with the ccm kit
Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Go on ebay and pick up a classic cocker and make it into a Sniper II. A $1000 budget is way over the top. Look for a Merlin or a Revenge. A Pyre (Palmers pump in a Blazer body) would also be a good choice. A single trigger slider is a plus. For $1000, you can buy a Pyre, a Sniper II and still have cash left over.

I assume you are looking for direct feed, if stockclass is your game, look to Palmer for the Super Stocker or Carter Machine for the mini-comp.

I would just pick up a 99 body black Sniper II, all you can really upgrade is the pump (get CCM deluxe kit), the reg (sidewinder for HPA, PPS Stab for CO2), bolt (AKA makes a nice delrin bolt), internals (Palmers makes a set, AKA makes a set).

Seriously, watch ebay and here of course. If you find a nice Merlin or Revenge, they run $300-$500 depending on the model/milling/having all original parts, and there is nothing to upgrade. Alot of the "classic" cocker, ie. Boston, shocktech, Planet Eclipse Evolution have every thing upgraded.

Good Luck.

Revenge here on MCB!

Splat Attack Revenge V1

Here is a nice red one, if you like red.

32 Degrees Pro-Cocker Autococker made by WGP & Freeflow - eBay (item 110278780128 end time Aug-17-08 18:00:00 PDT)

A green one, newer.

autococker rare free flow lotus paintball - eBay (item 110280096735 end time Aug-19-08 19:40:15 PDT)

I would not consider either of these classic, but either would be a very nice marker. Take your time and figure out what you want!
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

If you have 1000 bucks to throw around you can do stuff like picking up a Racegun or Zforce body and slapping a CCM frame/pmp on without even blinking.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Then you will have to consider body type, internals, barrel etc...

Barrel: I recommend a palmers barrel, pretty straight forward

Internals: Even stock WGP internals are pretty good, a palmers LT valve (low turbulence) is nice, CCM sells internals, etc...

Never been a better time to pick abody: even the simplest pro-stock body can look great after a trip to one of MCB's million AIrsmiths... look what Hvacmans personal pumper looked like:

The Official... "New toy", thread!

that is pretty hot....

The world is your oyster bud.

Oh and a reg, eh?

AKA, CP, CCM, PPS.... all good... RUnning on HPA, or CO2?
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

I can help you out with some of it. I can make pump kits, mini, midget halfblock, midblock and bolts sleds and pins. Custom work also.
jcurt455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

thanks, that's all really helpful, i love the freeflow bodies, and I don't have $1000 right now, that's just how much i'm willing to put out for one

and i don't want anything pre-made, i know about palmers and CCM, i want to make this myself

the main thing i want is the smoothest pump stroke possible

Last edited by Stripes; 08-17-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

You can buy mine, than I can ship you it in pieces and you can put it back together

Just kiddin', and good luck on your project.
711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Eli
Phat.

Send a message via AIM to Eli

Why not build an MQ valved Sniper if you're looking for the best pump stroke? I've never used one personally, but from what I've read they're real nice shooters. Unique too. A setup with an MQ, milling, anodizing, plus options could easily approach $1k, I think.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers