mcarterbrown.com

Old 08-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Insane Psychopath. :D

Send a message via AIM to Legato

Auto triggering Buzzard question

Now i have owned my buzzard for a few years now. And i honestly never opened her up to clean her insides til the other day. I know that isn't good karma for her technically, but she always ran fine and i saw no need to mess with something that works. Well i finally decided to clean her. I took her apart, cleaned off the old oil, added new, put her back together and aired her up. Here is my issue....

I know according to the PBN pinned thread on Buzzards that they will auto trigger if the snub isn't tight against the valve. Well i have my snub all the way against the valve as tight as i can, and have both the collar and rear screw tight and i can still auto trigger.

Now i never really bothered to check if i have an auto trigger before, it's an SC pump, i never auto triggered on my phantom either, pointless to me. But i am wondering how i would know if my bolt and hammer were made to auto trigger from the factory (i know carter isn't a factory, just using the term).

I know Earon keys the hammer and sears specially so they don't AT stock. What does a set of keyed hammer and sears look like that don't AT. I know 90+% of nelsons AT stock. And i never would use the AT anyways. But i am curious to if i still have something together wrong that is allowing it to AT when it shouldn't. Or if my internals were always made to AT. Sorry...long winded topic by slow witted person...

Any help, replies, hell i'll even accept the slew of "you're an incompetent marker owner for not cleaning it" insults i know i will get, will be greatly appreciated.

pics of her, cause i know threads on markers are worthless without pics

Legato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Sad, sad little man...send it to me and I'll fix it.
Aloha, Doug
dougdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

i am sad. My SC marker ATs. Maybe if you are a good boy you can try it next time you're at fox 4. :P Though you got to play with a ton of Carters before.... *is uber envious*
Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Just cause they were on the same field, doesn't mean that I got to play with them. For some reason, people with Carters are hesitant to share.
Aloha, Doug
dougdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
It is broken, send it to me for immediate disposal.

Mine was doing the same, with the snub flush against the valve, but I REALLY tightened it all up, and it seems to be holding...

Not much help, I know...
Old 08-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
lively as a coma

Cockerpunk can install a set screw to prevent this.
hockeytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Stock Class Sauté

Are you saying that it's autotriggering on it's own or that you are doing it? I'm confused.

Also, I've yet to see a Carter that wasn't capable of AT and think that (despite his website) all of his guns actually come with it.
Chefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

OK. No it doesn't auto trigger on it's own. I am doing it. But i was lead by the website to believe they don't come AT'ing stock.

You have shot vastly more markers than me. So if you haven't seen one that didn't AT. I will take your word for it.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
a.k.a. Dirty Sanchez

The Ating problem with Carters is when you pump it normally, intending to only chamber a ball, but once the ball chambers it fires. I think the fact that your autotriggering purposefully means its fine.
Hamer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure bout that. thanks. Much clearer now. Yeah it only AT's when i wanted it to.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers