mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to xluben

I definitely think springing affects is MUCH more than any of the other "friction" factors. Unless you gun is somehow damaged they are usually fairly insignificant. As mentioned, the CCM lower tube kit is the quick/easy/expensive solution.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
MQ2 Pumper!

For what you get with the CCM lower tube kit, I don't think it's that expensive.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rec Poster

yeah, the CCM lower tube kit is what I got, and I love it. though I do want to try tinkering with valves :evilgrin:
the CCM kit includes valve spring, full valve components, hammer, and hammer spring, some valves run upwards of 50$ alone. the CCM kit has a heavy hammer, allowing a lighter hammer spring, for a lighter pump stroke, and allows a heavier valve spring for higher pressure&efficiency. but I have mine at 210 psi shooting 280 just because not many others do
Pumpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefdave View Post
The problem with tuning solely for pump stroke is the same as tuning solely for low pressure.

Your efficiency goes in the toilet. You can go with a slightly heavier pump stroke/higher pressure with good efficiency too though
true dat, but if you tune for a well tuned gun....a light pump stroke is a nice byproduct

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rec Poster

is efficiency with pumps even really important as long as you can play atleast a game or two off a fill?

edit: forgot some people don't get all day air, sorry.
Pumpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up

I just built this 05/06 BM after Anno & changed the springs to Madmans Green/Green. Used it for the first time in competition this weekend. The pump stroke is Much lighter than stock & just a touch heavier than a friends S6. CP reg running at about 250/265. I actually had to back the IVG out half a turn. It's very consistent & well worth the $10 for the spring kit.

Unconscious Competent: Eventually, after enough practice, the given task will become second nature and it will no longer feel "uncomfortable".

Yomama101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I like that setup yomama. I've got a dust black Magic like yours. I liked the fact that they did away with the backblock and cocking rod. No worries about bumping my mask and short stroking, and it simplifies things. I have all the other ccm upgrades...I guess i might as well go for ccm internals!
So you think the ccm kit I would get would be the same as the s6's (as far as feel compared to what you said the green combo did for you)?

Last edited by akagunner; 09-29-2008 at 05:03 PM.
akagunner is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers