mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CamoDeafie Send a message via MSN to CamoDeafie

well i;m not sure if the sears are wider on the maverick versus the phantom...if theyre the same width, you could theoretically just swap the sears and use phantom hammers.. although, the phantom hammer being anti-kink and matched to the phantom bolt, i'm not sure of the ability to merge.... i know the old Razorback hammers were essentially the same as the mavericks' but without the built-in powertubes...they used a separate one very much the same set-up as a phantom's but much longer in size, dont see how it'd change the airflow with the long bolt....
CamoDeafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Marty View Post
For those that know me, you know I am a sucker for old guns and making them work really well...I was wondering if any of the phantom internals will work or could be made to work in a PMI Trracer?

Also, has anyone figured out a way to adjust the velocity other than having a bolt with an adjustment screw?

Thanks for your help!

Marty
To adjust the velocity, you need a adjustable velocity bolt first. If you don't have one in there, then you can't adjust the velocity. If you do, then stick an allen key down there, turn it clock wise to up the velocity and couter clockwise to decrease.

As for internals, what particular ones are you looking for?

try here and here. If you can't find what you are looking for, I suggest going to the FST section.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks ZZrai,

I've seen both of those sites. I was looking for an extension air adapter like on the phantom, and replacement cupseal and power tube. O-rings I can find any where.

I did take a closer look at my bolt and finally saw that it was an adjustable one which is great.

Where are you located? The first site you are referring me to is here in San Diego; I know the owners...

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke
Mad Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
Wow, I had no idea that phantoms were breech drop.
I think all undercocking nelsons are breech drop. (ie SL68s, USI, etc)

The reason is that for a bore-drop to work well, it really needs to be connected on both sides

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CamoDeafie Send a message via MSN to CamoDeafie

HP, trracer tagmasters and Hornets are undercocking, same thing with a specific Diablo pump, like the 2 I had a long time ago, which all are bore drop undercocking pumps.
CamoDeafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Marty if you need a bolt drop me a PM. I'm in San Diego at the moment,but can send you one when I get home.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Quote:
Thanks ZZrai,

I've seen both of those sites. I was looking for an extension air adapter like on the phantom, and replacement cupseal and power tube. O-rings I can find any where.

I did take a closer look at my bolt and finally saw that it was an adjustable one which is great.

Where are you located? The first site you are referring me to is here in San Diego; I know the owners...
By extension air adapter I assume you are talking about the back bottle adapter or a dropout 12 gram adapter. I believe the Phantom ones work. And I also, I think one of the replacement kits on those sites have a cup seal in there.

I am located in the bay area, up north from you.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Hey Steve, Thanks for the offer. The same guy I purchased this gun from, I purchased the two others he had for spare parts. I should be getting them in the mail this week. I wish I had known you were here in San Diego, I would have had you over for burgers and watch the Charger's game...They won!!!

ZZ rai, do you ever go to scenario games? The reason I'm asking is, BlackCat is putting on a game at Tag Paintball, just north of Fresno. The game is this October on the weekend of 17-19th. I am planning to be there with my scenario team, the Caltrop Guerrillas. If you go, come over and say hi, please.

Question, I am looking at the extention back adapter for the Phantom, will the Maveric valve work or do I need to get the Phantom valve also?

Next question...I have been reading every post I can find about parts fitting on the Maveric. I have seen post that say a Phantom frame will fit on and work with the Maveric body. Then I see were it does not. Can you tell me what the trueth is?

Thanks so much!

Edmund Burke
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Quote:
Hey Steve, Thanks for the offer. The same guy I purchased this gun from, I purchased the two others he had for spare parts. I should be getting them in the mail this week. I wish I had known you were here in San Diego, I would have had you over for burgers and watch the Charger's game...They won!!!

ZZ rai, do you ever go to scenario games? The reason I'm asking is, BlackCat is putting on a game at Tag Paintball, just north of Fresno. The game is this October on the weekend of 17-19th. I am planning to be there with my scenario team, the Caltrop Guerrillas. If you go, come over and say hi, please.

Question, I am looking at the extention back adapter for the Phantom, will the Maveric valve work or do I need to get the Phantom valve also?

Next question...I have been reading every post I can find about parts fitting on the Maveric. I have seen post that say a Phantom frame will fit on and work with the Maveric body. Then I see were it does not. Can you tell me what the trueth is?

Thanks so much!
The Truth is, the whole trigger frame will not work. Only the grip is interchangeable. As I have a Phantom 45 grip on my Maverick. I think the valve will work, but I haven't tried it. Doesn't the gun come with a back bottle adapter already?

I have not been to a scenario game yet. I would like to, thanks for the date.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:43 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ rai View Post
The Truth is, the whole trigger frame will not work. Only the grip is interchangeable. As I have a Phantom 45 grip on my Maverick. I think the valve will work, but I haven't tried it. Doesn't the gun come with a back bottle adapter already?

I have not been to a scenario game yet. I would like to, thanks for the date.
Thank you for the information. My gun did come with the back bottle adapter, but I am looking to set this gun up with front regulator for controlling the velocity better. I plan to but a hardline on it, just like many Phantom setups; that is why I wanted to know about the back adapter...

Edmund Burke

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers