mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

OO, the hardline thing. Kind of like what I have? Yeah, it's really fun it make it work. I assume you want the bottle to be vertical then? Then any bottomline adapter would work or you can you the one from hardline adapter from the Phantom.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #22 (permalink)

Just to update this thread...

I purchased the Phantom back block and valve assembly. The Maverick/Trracer valve does not fit in the back block. The only part I had to modify was the Phantom's power tube to look like and work like the Trracer's power tube. Now I have a source of spare parts.

For the hardline, I used an old trick of mine where I used two macroline fittings and some 1/4" aluminum tubing.

The vertical adapter was fairly easy to fit also. There was a little gridding to do, but I was able to make a secure installation on the plastic frame.

For the frame, I had an old plastic Autococker trigger frame that I cut and milled to replace the handle on the frame. It looks nice and I can now add standard accessaries to the frame. I even ported the barrel...

I played a scenario game this weekend and used my new Trracer and It worked really, really well. For the first time playing with the gun, I was very impressed with the performance and accuracy. I made quite a few one-shot-one-kills.

The only issue I have with the gun, is the velocity; it jumped from 240-290fps. I am using HPA and a Fatty Stabilizer reg. Also noticed that when I cocked and chambered the next round, there was a secondary pop as the hammer sear is latching the bolt. I had changed the valve spring to a stiffer spring, but that did not completely remove it.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke
Mad Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
HENSHIN!

Be careful with the spot where you installed the Vertical Adapter. For me, I kind of thinned it down too much and plus the force of un/screwing the bottle ripped my trigger guard out. =/ I had to put a new aluminum one in.

Last edited by ZZ rai; 10-27-2008 at 02:18 PM.
ZZ rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Born again

Send a message via AIM to mustangii

pops like a rainmaker marty, just work you magic and you can fix it. post some pictures will ya.
edm

ASE certifed master tech
Master Certified Chrysler Tech
mustangii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #25 (permalink)

ZZ rai... Thanks for the advice. I was worried about that as well, so I modified the vertical adapter mostly and very little of the trigger guard was trimmed.

Hey Mustangii, its been a long time. This gun shoots really nice. I've already worked some magic and the secondary pop is the top of my list to resolve. With the lack of available spare parts, I am being very causous in how I modify stuff.

I will try to post some pictures soon...

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Edmund Burke
Mad Marty is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers