mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

New to me Nelspot 007

I just received a nelspot 007. Its pretty dirty, and has a fair amount of corrosion, but everything still moves. As i type this i have it soaking in pb blaster to work on some of the rust, and i have to clean rust out of the barrel. Also this Nelspot isnt the pump version, its the "bolt action" model without the pump arm. I have some questions about this marker:

1. When I get it all spick and span, should i try to polish the internals, or just the moving parts?
2. Does it matter what kind of oil I should use in it? I know it only has one o-ring, but i was wondering if there was a specific type to use.
3. This might sound dumb, but is there any way to adjust the velocity?
4. Does the front bolt just take a standard bottle o-ring?
5. Is it easy to convert this to a "real" pump, or should I leave it stock, but make it look pretty?

If there is anything else you can / want to tell me, feel free. I'd like to know as much as possible about this marker. I cant wait to use this on the field

EDIT: Here are some before pictures, and one og the gun cleaned and taken apart.

Before the marker was cleaned

After I cleaned the marker. Its in pieces I know, but hey everythings there

Let me know what you think. Oh and sorry for the somewhat large pics, photobucket doesnt want to make them any smaller. (My lens is dirty too)

Last edited by nu cidd; 11-12-2008 at 06:16 PM.
nu cidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

AmericanPaintball has the brown pumps and replacement parts for sale on his site. Sugarstump and a couple others might have them for sale on Ebay as well.

ps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

I know I need pics. Im going to have the before pics up sometime tomorrow. But thanks for posting some info on replacement parts

EDIT: Pics are in the first post now

Last edited by nu cidd; 11-12-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Slayer of Care Bears

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Bacci might still have some parts still.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu cidd View Post
1. When I get it all spick and span, should i try to polish the internals, or just the moving parts?
Naw... can if you want...

Quote:
2. Does it matter what kind of oil I should use in it? I know it only has one o-ring, but i was wondering if there was a specific type to use.
I like to use Gold Cup or Autolube (yeah I know Autolube is Gold cup) I've got an extra bottle of Autolube you can have.

Quote:
3. This might sound dumb, but is there any way to adjust the velocity?
Springs... They control the dwell of the marker.
The Blot/Hammer spring will control how hard the hammer hits the power tube and how long it leaves the valve open.
The Power tube spring will control how easy it is to open the valve and dump the air down the barrel
and getting the right combination on both is luck, art and science... Ok alot of trial and error (see links below)

Image shamefully stolen from ZDS Paintball - Marker Animations

Quote:
4. Does the front bolt just take a standard bottle o-ring?
Nope it's a fatter O-Ring. The one for an ASA bottle is a 015. This looks like a 112 size that you should be able to get them at Home Depot. There is also one of the same size is inside the valve body.

If, once you get it back together, and it leaks down the barrel when you air it up the cup seal in the valve body may have issues... I have revived a bad cup seal with some toothpaste on the seal and spin the power tube with my hands.

Quote:
5. Is it easy to convert this to a "real" pump, or should I leave it stock, but make it look pretty?
I would look for a front pump handle otherwise it is a major PITA to cock. I've got a basket nelson that I'm thinking about having nickle plated, someday... Just another one of those project on the list...

Stock-Class Paintball Network - NELSON PAINT COMPANY'S NELSPOT "007"
Products
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
Notch ~ "* Hoes now produce proper seeds"
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Oh yeah and if you want to remove the rust from it try this...

Electrolytic Rust Removal aka Magic

Good luck and above all have fun...
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
Notch ~ "* Hoes now produce proper seeds"
ApoC_101 ~ "I don't always use freak inserts, but when I do, I use Ty McNeer brass inserts"

If you are having MCB Minecraft Server issues click HERE ~ ~ ~ Get DropBox and an Extra 250MB
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Another way to adjust velocity is to buy anti kink internals or Phantom internals. Anti kink internals are a drop in upgrade but the Phanom internals will take a bit of modding. Anti kink internals work the same as Phantom internals and so are adjustable in the same way. Good luck with your work!
MightyMike0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CamoDeafie Send a message via MSN to CamoDeafie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike0 View Post
Another way to adjust velocity is to buy anti kink internals or Phantom internals. Anti kink internals are a drop in upgrade but the Phanom internals will take a bit of modding. Anti kink internals work the same as Phantom internals and so are adjustable in the same way. Good luck with your work!
If you're lucky to find either Lapco internals or TASO breech-drop internals, they're among the good options; best upgrade would by consensus be a pump handle, there may be some people on here with extras lying around here, black ribbed handle looks better IMO compared to brown blocky handle, wood is expensive but quality woodworkers also can make a good handle here, and I have a machinist/airsmith making a nice heavy brass pump handle for my own nellie.
Polishing barrel is good idea, springkits for phantoms if you can find one from maddmann or mad dog designz would be excellent way of tuning your nelly if you can't get anti-kink internals, another option that may require more modding would be to go for a full phantom internal set, including the powertube, should just swap sears, but may need more than that (shims), I had a problem with the phantom internals on my SI skirmish with the cci powertube so I swapped the internals for the lapco anti-kink unit, and sent MightyMike the phantom bolt/hammer with modified nelly powertube
CamoDeafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

There's more than meets the eye with nelspts arent there? Thanks fo all the help guys! Im still in the process of cleaning it up and painting it, its been rainy here, so its hard to spray paint.

EDIT: Finished painting the marker, it came out great!! There are a few imperfections, but that doesnt bother me too much. After all this things older than me!

Now for the pictures:

Last edited by nu cidd; 11-15-2008 at 05:31 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers