mcarterbrown.com

Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
BUt what if you live in the upper states or Canada where paint is very small.
you order your duck with a smaller barrel,or do what everyone did for years before we paint matched or had wedgits and inserts and detents,learn to adapt.

Quote:
I can't imagine that it takes twice as long to make a duck over a boxgun.
i can they are very different guns,the box is just the standard buzzard chassis with a special pump,feed and short barrel. theres some pix of frink's guns being mixed and matched around here somwhere,you cant do that with a duck im not defending his price im just stating its alot more involved.

ill most likley NEVER spend a grand on a paintball gun again unless there a massive shift in the economy,if i was going to it would be a redux

Last edited by Gogged_Gurl; 09-12-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogged_Gurl View Post
you order your duck with a smaller barrel,or do what everyone did for years before we paint matched or had wedgits and inserts and detents,learn to adapt.

i can they are very different guns,the box is just the standard buzzard chassis with a special pump,feed and short barrel. theres some pix of frink's guns being mixed and matched around here somwhere,you cant do that with a duck im not defending his price im just stating its alot more involved.

ill most likley NEVER spend a grand on a paintball gun again unless there a massive shift in the economy,if i was going to it would be a redux
Yeah, the Box Gun, in relative terms, is a simple piece (I was the first owner of Frink's BG). The entire top portion is a single milled block, and it uses the frame from basically any other Carter gun. From what I have heard, the DD is a pain in the *** to mill, requiring lots of fiddling. I cannot comment on whether or not it is "worth" twice as much, but it is rather different than a Box Gun.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

All I know I've been thinking about getting a redux. Hell why not! I'm not getting younger and I wanna have fun.. And look good doing it too! Might take me some time.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

check out redux factorys box gun soon aswell it looks great
Old 09-13-2009, 03:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Meh...Why not play with a nice Palmerized PGP or find a used Pug.

Either way, Duck, Redux or Boxgun. They aren't really practical. You play with them as a novelty nothing ever serious.

I'm not saying don't buy one, but don't think you will go blow heads off with it. Its a funy novelty gun. Like a Lotus Elise, not a practical car, but on the weekends its a fun driver.
Furion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

do you know who the kamikazi shooters were? in the right hands just like any paintball gun they are just as serious as anything else,how is it a novelty?

Quote:
So, today cjottawa came out to the field, with his beautiful redux. Now I have seen some stock guys play before, mostly to my amusement to be honest, usually with a tinge of pity...

not today.

Chris, first game (if I recall) was playing the village, and racked up a sick 4 kills with 7 balls (I know, you guys are wondering how he missed 3 times?) He was so ball on ball today, some kid approached me and asked if I could put Chris in some kind of fort and it could be everyone against him! lol.

you know reading that furion brought back a funny little story about 4-5 years ago when i stopped playing semi and switched to pump. before the AGG rush on pump and all that. a lot of people said the same thing to me....a pump gun is a novelty, a girls pump team? what a joke" you cant seriously think your gonna go out there an "blow heads off"

not to long after we were placing in the top of the OSC consitently and winning games against the best pump players around and "blowing heads off"

so post that kinda stuff all you want it, just makes the victorys more sweet when people with that additude have to eat crow

Last edited by Gogged_Gurl; 09-13-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Yngling Half troll

Send a message via AIM to EDDAKA Send a message via MSN to EDDAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furion View Post
They aren't really practical. You play with them as a novelty nothing ever serious. .
Old 09-13-2009, 05:11 AM   #28 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furion View Post
Meh...Why not play with a nice Palmerized PGP or find a used Pug.

Either way, Duck, Redux or Boxgun. They aren't really practical. You play with them as a novelty nothing ever serious.

I'm not saying don't buy one, but don't think you will go blow heads off with it. Its a funy novelty gun. Like a Lotus Elise, not a practical car, but on the weekends its a fun driver.
No offense...but go play with your palmerized PGP or used pug(I happen to own a palmerized PGP and think the ergonomics and cosmetics SUCK, how the hell can you pump with the handle ENDING up over halfway into the grip frame at full pump extension), and drive your Lotus Elise, and we'll kick asses any day of the week(at least DSA will) with our Reduxes and have a kickass time doing so. To each his own
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member

Practical

Best Player in the world and Kamikaze Shooter Derrick Obatake. If you played against him with his Box gun (Shown) one would never say that it was not practical.

Only "Hit, let me out"

Last edited by RTR; 09-13-2009 at 08:54 AM.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjottawa View Post
The Redux is highly practical.
  • The barrel is threaded and take Freak inserts - never will you have a paint-bore-matching problem.
  • It takes standard Phantom valve-system internals so there won't be a lack of spare parts.
  • The design of the extended grip make the marker under-cocking and unifies the look.
One the biggest criticisms of Nelson pumps is over-cocking. Having used a Trracer and LineSI Bushmaster, I never could get used to overcocking. Sheridans always felt better. The Redux undercocking grip feels perfect.

Calling a Boxgun or Redux impractical smells like sour-grapes Furion. What gives?
No sour grapes. I want one too, I just dont' think they are practical to use, probably a personal preference thing. I think they are more showey than useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Best Player in the world and Kamikaze Shooter Derrick Obatake. If you played against him with his Box gun (Shown) one would never say that it was not practical.

Only "Hit, let me out"

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...00/Derrick.JPG
Hey I know Derrick, my friends and I love his jewelry. We own a quite a few pieces too. I think he made the engagement ring for my good friend and maybe more to come. The bullet necklaces he made are awesome. Not to mention the ruby eye, eye covers for the Closer, they are amazing.

Anyhow, Derrick would blow my head off with is right feed sniper I'm sure. In fact thats the gun I'm trying to build, but got distracted with Sheridan and Nelson things.

Yea Derrick is amazing, I remember, I think it was World Cup last year at the Qualcomm or was it Huntington Beach this year but he was limping along still playing, with this Sniper 2 btw. Amazing player.

Keep in mind he is a few and far between player, thats like saying "Wooden rackets are still the best, I mean look Roger Federer would probably kick your butt with one"

Or saying "I bet Noah Ngeny of Kenya could walk into Payless and buy any sohe and out run you."

Come on, you can't pick out a great paintballer and then say I bet he will kill you with it.

Anyhow, on a side note. Excuse me if I'm behind on the news of the Gargoyle, but are you selling the trigger frames yet? I have to say I still have your square pump for the Carter Buzzard and its great. Let me know, my friends and I are all interested in picking some up.

Last edited by Furion; 09-13-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Furion is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers