mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furion View Post
Come on, you can't pick out a great paintballer and then say I bet he will kill you with it.
Sure I can. Reason is this. Derrick played with his Box Gun for years. Hands down would beat people regardless of the guns being used against him a huge percentage of the time. So it's not that they are impractical, just hard to master. They are very limiting, but not impractical if one chooses to become good at using it.

Quote:
Anyhow, on a side note. Excuse me if I'm behind on the news of the Gargoyle, but are you selling the trigger frames yet? I have to say I still have your square pump for the Carter Buzzard and its great. Let me know, my friends and I are all interested in picking some up.
These are to come out soon. I sound like a broken record but we're getting there. The site and forums will be made aware when they are ready.

Quote:
Yea Derrick is amazing, I remember, I think it was World Cup last year at the Qualcomm or was it Huntington Beach this year but he was limping along still playing, with this Sniper 2 btw. Amazing player.
That might have been the tourny he played in with a broken foot. The guys insane. (in a good way)

Last edited by RTR; 09-13-2009 at 01:31 PM.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

If you were a pistol-ish type player, I would go with a Redux, Pug, or Micro phantom. Carters are very nice, I give him all the credit in the whole world. But You just can't compete with the costumer service of Palmers or CCI. I hear it takes weeks to even just get in touch with Earon. and they are not exactly the best preforming.

and, The guy that plays with the BG and owns; He's just a good player, give him a duxslide, redux, Pug, He'll own with those too. Maybe even better. Roll outs won't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
and, The guy that plays with the BG and owns; He's just a good player, give him a duxslide, redux, Pug, He'll own with those too. Maybe even better. Roll outs won't be a problem.
the reason he owns with a box gun is because he came up with it in the first place,same with loo/carter desert ducks he was right there with them at the begining.

roll outs are not a problem for players that have learned how to shoot a gun with no doodads, 15+ years worth of paintball players,literally hundreds of thousands played with no wedgits,barrel kits,detents,nail,polish,freak inserts and plenty of them did just fine
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

RTR - Awww come on they aren't ready yet? :-) I'll be excited when they are. some guy is selling a fully built Gargoyle for 800 or 900 bucks on pbnation.

Gogged Gurl: So do you know Derrick personally? Its always facinating to meet people online that you might have seen or talked to but you don't know their name or what not.
Furion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
Shameless CCM convert

But he would be even more beastly if he could have his barrel pointed down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Frag View Post
This is a common misconception. The marker in question is actually from a limited run that WGP produced to try using the little finger as the firing finger to promote digital ambidexterity. Unfortunately, the gravity inverter needed to feed paintballs was sold separately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers
I play pump because I'm a masochistic bastard who gets his jollies from being outgunned but not outplayed.
ASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
RTR - Awww come on they aren't ready yet? :-) I'll be excited when they are. some guy is selling a fully built Gargoyle for 800 or 900 bucks on pbnation.

Gogged Gurl: So do you know Derrick personally? Its always facinating to meet people online that you might have seen or talked to but you don't know their name or what not.

yup played against derrick and hung out with him when i was heavily involved in the OSC before we brought it to nor cal,also brandon who is another shooter,who hopfully ill be dropping in on again at some point,both super cool
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #37 (permalink)

Derrick Obatake ball detent-

I about freaked out when Derrick shared his "ball detent" idea with me- and it worked GREAT in my Loo Duck, which has a .691 + bore--- a piece of fishing line wrapped around the front screw with some trailing into the barrel.............. Thanx Derrick! Mongo
Old 09-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
(I happen to own a palmerized PGP and think the ergonomics and cosmetics SUCK, how the hell can you pump with the handle ENDING up over halfway into the grip frame at full pump extension)
Easy fix to that problem.....Get a K-Frame and maybe a custom pump handle

LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #39 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

That's very cool dude.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
TY Sir
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers