mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Pump Markers (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/)
-   -   Why are desert ducks so expensive? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-markers/91556-why-desert-ducks-so-expensive.html)

nelsonizer 09-09-2009 08:22 PM

Why are desert ducks so expensive?

I'm not trying to state an opinion about what I think they should cost or anything I am just curious. So...

Why are desert ducks so expensive?

EDDAKA 09-09-2009 08:25 PM

I'll throw a question back atcha.

Why are high end electro's so expensive? Do you think the price is so, that it costs that much to make them? :)

DSA 09-09-2009 08:30 PM

Craftsmenship!

Gogged_Gurl 09-09-2009 08:31 PM

skill,time,materials,machines,power bill etc = cost

mustangii 09-09-2009 10:38 PM

Desert ducks are expensive because they are rare (less than 100 were made), Redux are expensive because of time, hand made craftsmenship.

edm

ASKA 09-11-2009 08:47 PM

It takes time, Raw materials, Craftsmanship. making a desert duck or Redux is really an art. they make them out of slabs of raw aluminum. And I don't believe they use a CnC machine. they do it by hand. and will do anything you ask them too do. Same with palmers. it gives you very good Customer service, the parts are all hand made, Quality time was put into it.

Heck, if your wallet is heavy enough. you can ask palmers to make you a brass KP stock with an engraving of a Penis!:LMAO:

"They will do what you want Chris, They will do what you want. Its okay, Me big American man"

Techpb Pump clan cookies for who ever knows where that's from.

But seriously, when talking about High end electros. They are mass produced with no love. If you want to speak to Jack wood, you have to call their customer service hot line. then ask to be transferred to extension 311, then speak to Judy and say you want to speak to Jack. after her mocking laughs you stay on the phone and act seriously. You have to beg for about 2-3 minutes until she goes on her 15 minute break. then you are passed to the Mark. you ask for extention 311 again and tell Mark the password DJGBDOITWQA8457 and then you will talk to Mike, his assistant then you lie to Mike and tell him that you want to speak to Jack for a sponsor. they will put you on a recording machine for you to record a 30 second message briefly talking to him about something.

To speak to Craig Palmers, all you do is call palmers and tell Lori you want to speak to Craig and BAM

The Customer service on small shops like that is amazing.

Captainneeda 09-11-2009 08:53 PM

Because they are worth it...

EDDAKA 09-11-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjottawa (Post 971538)
A You pay for handmade British craftsmanship. .

He lives in so-cal and sometimes Hawaii?:p

sniper97 09-11-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSA (Post 968445)
Craftsmenship!

Agreed, hand made, takes time/skill....

ASKA 09-11-2009 09:30 PM

No body is gonna reply on what I said?

It took me a whole like 7 minutes to write that up