mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

12 gram comparison/discussion

Below is a little bit of 12 gram info,I have been seeing this topic resurface often and thought I would add some numbers. I did the weighing very simply.

I did not have anymore ICO trading 12g's to test so if someone wants to add specs of them or other brands please do,keep in mind alot of brand names are just smacked onto the same 12g's. hopfully we can get info on different mfg's.

First these are the "gold" 12 grams sold by RAP4 they are available in bulk at lower prices

c02

we shot these over the weekend and went through about 150 they seemed OK but i was having velocity issues nothing solid if it was 12g related though,it was relativly warm out and one player was seeing 40+ on his buzzard with them.

the neck is similar to a leland but the empty is slightly lighter than both the leland and crossman at 1 ounce even,both the leland and rap4 were a hair longer than the crossmans.

the majority of the RAP4's weighed in at 1.4 full only a few were 1.3 (could've been my velocity issues) none were empty.

Next the old stand by crossmans wich are available all over the place the link is just for reference the price on them is all over the place and i couldnt find them in bulk (over 100) at a discount they by far are the highest priced.

Crosman 12 Gram CO2 Cartridge - 100 Pack at ActionVillage.com : Paintball

the empty's weigh in at 1.1 and the fulls anywere from 1.3-1.5 to 1.1 (dud)
my camera battery died so ill be updating pix of the scale

overall not the greatest deal and these seem to be what is giving 12g use a bad name

AVI-action village is now selling bulk 12g's,they apear to be crossmans but i dont have any other info yet.

AVI 12 Gram CO2 Cartridge - Single at ActionVillage.com : Paintball

last one (for today)

Leland ltd

leland has the cheapest retail bulk 12g's you can buy without a wholesale account. the shipping sucks and kills the deal to a point i have a case of 450 and it was just at 170 total shipped 48 pounds shipping weight LOL,make sure to order them DIRECT

Leland Limited

every leland weighed in the same and I have had zero duds or problems with them the empty's are 1.1 and the fulls are 1.5,they are clean and work well
i like them the best so far they also have a saftey blow off design so if they get to hot the gas will exit slowley instead of rocketing.

ICO trading bulk 12g's im adding this but i dont have the specs. the 12gs we had were good,loads of people have bought them and been happy,i think chuna weighed them and found them to be consistent

ICO info website

ICOTrading

ebay

eBay Store - CO2 NO2 SUPPLIES ICO: CO2 chargers, whipped cream chargers, NO2 chargers

feel free to add info
Attached Images

Last edited by CaptainAmerica; 06-29-2012 at 07:17 AM. Reason: added images of old Crosman 12-gram box indicating oil in fill
Gogged_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ornamental redneck

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
what does it say on that last 12 gram charlie scared ...

taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

yea leland has some thing on thier 12g's, i cant belive you can read that

charlie scared

Godforce Tactical…Charlie Scared

wierd.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Yngling Half troll

Send a message via AIM to EDDAKA Send a message via MSN to EDDAKA

GG:

IS the rap4 ones worth it? Or should I go with leland? I'm thinking of ordering around 200.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ornamental redneck

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
yeah i bought the gold ones on ebay from ico don't have a scale otherwise i'd weigh them for ya. they seem pretty good so far no duds haven't really looked at my shot count.

taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Once I run out of the 50 crossmans I have left I'm going to order 450 from leland so I can get them at .28 each shipped or whatever it was. I wonder how cheap it would be to put in a massive order of 1-2k and split the costs between a few MCB members. I'd be all in for that.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

i went through a bunch of ICO's before and i didnt have any issue either just wanted to add them in .

eddddaka the only price break for leland is at a full case of 450 otherwise they are not cheap with shipping its over 50 cents a 12g same with rap4.

i can sell mine cheaper because i bought a case if that makes sense. the cheapest way to get 200 or so would be to split a case with people or sell the extras.

im planning on doing some more testing between the rap4 and the leland on saturday at the field i will shoot them through my phantom,gargoyle and mini comp in the best conditions i can get. so i will have a better answer for you than.....i dont know

kahnif .29 cents before shipping 38 cents after
Old 10-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Free Man

12 Gram CO2 Cartridge - 100 Pack

I added this to my brother's Zephyr order, I'll let you know how they are... may or may not be here for the weekend to use with my new phantom

Shipping wasn't a problem since my brother was already getting some stuff... actually this made up eligible for free shipping
Old 10-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

hey driek they look like leland's please snap a pic or 2 and get a empty and full weight for us if you can wow and a price shipped
Old 10-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Free Man

Will do when they get here... but first I gotta get a scale... where'd you get that post office one?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers