mcarterbrown.com  

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Who makes it?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Is ≥ The Walrus

Dave's Scent Delivery System... they have a website, but have been out of buisness for a while from what I have heard.
Rule #14: "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
Bay kou bliye, pote mak sonje. (The giver of the blow forgets, the bearer of the scar remembers)
Old 12-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Actually Sidekicks were made by a guy who bought the DSDS design, website used to be pbstuff.com. Unfortunately it was a "garage" business that went under a few years back. The guns did have a cool warranty, pay $20 the first time you send it back for any work, and you can keep doing it forever free. Sadly, the warranty also went away with the company.

The valve is not super complicated on these, kind of automag-esque blow forward spool, and all brass to boot with the exception of a couple small parts. Even if they do develop the leak, it'd be fairly straightforward for a competent machinist to make replacement parts.

The great part is the body is SUPER lightweight and unlike some other polymer framed guns (e.g. ghetto duck), it's sturdy as hell. These things weigh under a pound loaded with the spare 12ie under the site rail.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Is ≥ The Walrus

oh, sorry for the bad info. It is really light, almost felt like i wasnt caring it in my pocket lol.

bump
Rule #14: "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
Bay kou bliye, pote mak sonje. (The giver of the blow forgets, the bearer of the scar remembers)
Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

I had 2 until someone stole one. The hole in the knob is from the constant air adapter. They used to make one similar to the one used in the BE Talon.

I really wish someone would pick up the patent for these. They could give the Tiberius pistol a run for its money.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'm not sure there is a patent and you could easily go a new route on the same concept...light, cheap backup. I've contacted the owner. He doesn't want to sell but has no interest in starting up again...
Old 12-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
Is ≥ The Walrus

well, the hole doesnt go all the way through, but it could be drilled the rest of the way through for one.

sorry to here about it getting stolen. want 2 again? lol.

they really would give Tib a run. alot more pistol play as well
Old 12-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Is ≥ The Walrus

Daily bump to go with the history lesson.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Is ≥ The Walrus

bump
Old 12-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Gazoo Send a message via MSN to Gazoo Send a message via Yahoo to Gazoo

The CA attachment, AKA crack pipe is a nice idea, but they like to swivel on you. Have one of those too......

Paintballstuff.com or the mayberry maruders said you could run them over with a truck and they wouldnt break.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns