mcarterbrown.com  

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Old 02-07-2007, 04:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

VM68 and pieces fst

PICS will be up as soon as I can borrow a camera! I have one older pic from when I picked this stuff up, I'm just selling off some parts I don't see myself using any time soon. I put some of this stuff in boxes and will have to dig them out, but its all here. Prices are OBO.

Click for larger view.

- First up, one stock VM, works fine and I believe it chronoed at 270 when I finished fixing it. Its in fair shape but does have cracked side panels. Also, the safety is pinned with a small rod instead of a spring/ball bearing. It looks fixable if you were to just put a small piece of wire into the one side and the ball/spring on the other. No ball detent and its missing the nylon bumper on the hammer. I believe this to be the second VM in that picture.

$70 shipped via USPS.

- Next up, a spare VM body, didn't build it or do anything with it but it looks ok. I think this body is the one on the top VM, I moved parts around a little so I am unsure. I know the bottom 2 are elsewhere so its one of the top 2.
$25 shipped via USPS

- 12" Dye Stainless barrel, VM thread
$25 shipped

- 14" JJ Ceramic barrel, VM thread. This one appears Almost NIB, its in the wraper still but the bottoms opened. According the the guy I bought this stuff off of he never used it either and I haven't used it myself. I screwed it onto one of my markers once and that was it. This is the top item in the group photo.
$35 shipped - gone

- CooperT Maximizer kit. I got the parts and never even tried to use this. It was modified by the previous owner, he drilled out the center of the bolt. It looks like it would be fairly easy to plug up with a set screw if you wanted it to work as an undershot bolt. He said he had problems getting it to work and so being a VM noob, I didn't bother with it.
$NA (bolt is MIA and I am looking for it now)

- Next up is parts, These are in the bags on the picture.

1 trigger rail.
2 hand guards
2 lonestar grips
1 Grip lug? what you bolt the lonestar/45 frames to - SOLD
1 spare valve, no cupseal
1 back bottle adapter
1 mainspring guide
1 upper rear plug
1 bag of what looks to be all the components needed to make another trigger assembly minus the trigger and 1 washer, looks like most of it. I will try to take a picture of this lot in the next few days.

These are untested. Give me a fair price on these and they are yours, please no lowballs.

Trades? Heres a few things that come to mind but offer away the worst I'll say is no.

- Cocker to VM barrel adapter
- Pump guns and pieces
- KP trigger group
- Custom work/anodizing, I have a few projects.
- A few milsim pieces, I want to build a VM based Barret M82a1 replica or something along the lines of these...

Finished before you can commit a crime

Last edited by DarkNinja; 05-08-2007 at 02:17 PM.
DarkNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Interested in one or both of the VM barrels. Can I get better pics of the 2?

Thanks,
Shives
shives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Will work on that this week. I can see the 12" Dye if I turn around, the Ceramic disapeared again. I think I put in a protective case of some sort and just forgot which one. Monday or Wednesday I should have updated pics.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
hello , my name is fattie

Send a message via AIM to Fattie

are you selling the m16 barrel ?
Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

The 16" Smart Parts All American barrel in VM threading? No, thats the one I use. If you want the hand guard and front sight I would sell them if I can dig them up. The front site is not metal, its some strange plastic/rubber/foam thing and is just there for show.

I think this week I'm going to start hacking into the spare body since theres no interest in it.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Looking at the gun at the bottom of the picture. Is the trigger guard/ASA part for sale? It is one of the pieces that puts the tank angled down and back, right?

Shives
shives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

yea id be intrested in the m16 style handgaurd and front sight , it looks metal lol. also the spare body. any trades ?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shives View Post
Looking at the gun at the bottom of the picture. Is the trigger guard/ASA part for sale? It is one of the pieces that puts the tank angled down and back, right?

Shives
The VTS is not for sale right now, as it sits I like it very much. I haven't been able to get out and get pictures of stuff this week or I would post an updated picture for you guys. I have seen a few around, post in the WTB section and you should get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattie View Post
yea id be intrested in the m16 style handgaurd and front sight , it looks metal lol. also the spare body. any trades ?
The m4 handguard is around here, I found most of it so far. This isn't one of the nice handguards with a mounting kit that bolts it to the barrel, this is slip fit. The back end has a ring to keep the 2 halves together and the front half currently has a rubber band....ghetto. The front site slips down the barrel and if you press it against the hand guard it keeps everything in place but it does twist a bit.

The body is newer, its in ok shape. If I can get a camera I will try and get pictures this week.

And trades? Why yes, heres my current list.
WTB a few items, VM stuff etc.

Theres a guy on there that offered me an M4 grip, you should talk to him I'm willing to bet its in better shape than mine plus it has a mounting kit.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

dang , ive got nothin you want. although i would trade you a cocker thread boomstick for the handgaurd and body.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

I may be interested in that, what type is it? Glued or threaded, what length, what bore, and what color.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns