mcarterbrown.com  

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #21 (permalink)

yeah I don't have the original frame or bolt, just as its seen. then I have a stupid question lol. I did this before but then can anyone tell me how much its actually worth?
smartballer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Super Beasto View Post
Serials 2108-2524 are sniper 1.5s made between Jan-Mar 89, pretty rare. The right buyer may pay 275-325.
I would like to know where he came up with that info.........

That backblock would only be on sniper 2's. Carter has what we decided was a 1.5 several years ago. It has all Sniper 1 parts except an extruded Sniper 2 body. Your backblock is a sniper 2 block without question. The pump handle is either not original or it is an original that has had that last small rib milled into it.

Heres a thread with one for sale and the only sniper 1 parts is the back block and bolt. Sniper I

Heres a pic of a Sniper 1 with all the correct parts. Your Sniper 1.5 should have the same parts except the body.

As for price, well thats subjective, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I would leave the price where it is, and leave it open to OBO (or best offer) and see what you get for offers and decide from there.
And I cant find the original thread where Carter and I discussed his 1.5.

Last edited by Shane-O; 11-22-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #23 (permalink)

I'm thinking that looks pretty close to mine. the frame and grips are the same as what mine have and the body looks the same as well. Im not sure about the backblock or the pump handle though
Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #24 (permalink)

nevermind the body is different it looks like that body has a shorter rail and mine goes from one end to the other of the body
Old 11-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Body is completely different, yours has a sight rail thats part of the body, the sniper 1 has a milled flat top with a bolt on shorty sight rail. The Back block on your gun has holes for the bolt pin, where the 1 has no holes in the side, and the bolt is held in with a thumb screw from the back and cannot be slid out of the gun unless you remove the back block or barrel. Your grip frame is a cocker slide trigger, and the 1 has a hinge trigger. The 1 has a knurled cocking knob and yours has the hex nut. Sniper 1 bodies were milled out of a chunk of aluminum, sniper 2 bodies were extruded aluminum with the sight rail made with the body. Look closely and you will see the differences. Your gun has 0 sniper 1 parts on it.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #26 (permalink)

the frame looks the same to me. and the grips I have, and the grips on the sniper you posted are the same as well
Old 11-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #27 (permalink)
Metal Whittler

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
you have my old timmy.
Rednecksniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:56 AM   #28 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post
Heres a pic of a Sniper 1 with all the correct parts. Your Sniper 1.5 should have the same parts except the body. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...oldsniper1.jpg
Is that a Sniper 1 frame? It appears to have a timing slot...or is that a pivot pin?
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #29 (permalink)

ttt need some cash offers!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #30 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Is that a Sniper 1 frame? It appears to have a timing slot...or is that a pivot pin?
Looks like a pivot pin to me, but it could be a slider frame. It should be a hinge frame for correctness.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns