mcarterbrown.com  

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
BE90

BE90 00501, double-action, in-handle dual 12 grams with an integral 20 round springfeed and a break-barrel feature (handy for breech loading First Strike rounds). The front sling attach point under the forearm was broken off when I received it. Buttstock extends correctly (didn't take a picture with it extended, let me know if that's something you need to see). Depending on brand/length of 12 grams used, a shim (e.g. O-ring from a cocker 3-way, dab of glue, etc) may need to be used under the base of the cartridges to ensure they pierce. Barrel is constant OD slip-in, so upgrading with something smaller diameter, brass, etc should be straightforward if desired.

$700 US Shipped/Insured, payment via PayPal. If you're not in the US, there will be a shipping increment to get the package to you. I am not interested in trades. "Dibs" order is post followed by PM requesting payment information - to avoid confusion, don't post that you're PM'ing if the PM has questions, only if you are indicating you're ready to pay (or just post the questions in the thread).

Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quite a handful of hens teeth you're selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Bump
Old 01-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Bueller? Bueller?
Old 01-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Does it have to be broken open to load the springfeed ?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardian View Post
Does it have to be broken open to load the springfeed ?
Common misconception, but no! The round knob on the LHS (near the breech area) actually pulls out, and there's a flip open door on the back of the feed. You retract the spring, pull the knob left to pull the follower to the side, dump in balls, release knob to capture them forward of the follower, and release knob to put spring pressure on the ball stack. Pretty clever way of doing it, actually.

Of course you CAN do the break-n-dump if you wanted to, but I'm pretty sure it would require three hands.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

I assumed that lever at least pulled the ball plunger/spring back , thought there might have been a door on top as well . Or at least I hoped the designer had the foresight to include a faster loading option .

Now some follow up questions because this thing looks neat

Can we see a top & side view pic with stock extended , a top view with the feed door open . And if possible , another pic like your bottom one , only looking down the feed instead , with the spring retracted and follower pulled out ?
Old 01-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
If you check out Vintage Rex (Markers-Taso-BE90), there are some pics of the stock extended, etc. Also a magazine article when it first came out that's got some interesting stuff.

Apparently my loading sequence is harder than the intended one. Just dump the balls in, close the door, and then pull the follower pin out, slide it past the ball stack, and release it behind the last ball. Way simpler that way, not sure why I didn't think of it.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Bump!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

I've never even seen anything like this before, but I'm pretty sure I just fell in love

If you still have it when I'm not a poor college student (in the next five years or so) I'm all over it.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns