mcarterbrown.com

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Sydarm in need of loving home. And parts.

GONE

I'll let the pictures do the talking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjOGCcAgoHE

This gun needs some work, love and parts.

It's missing part of the on-off assembly, and the valve retaining screw is missing. Worst of all, the first thread in the valve is buggered. rethreading should not be a problem.

These parts will get it up and running:
http://www.tunamart.com/index.php?c=42&p=407
http://www.tunamart.com/index.php?c=46&p=382
http://www.tunamart.com/index.php?c=39&p=22
http://www.tunamart.com/index.php?c=39&p=24

The spring in the feed could do with being cleaned up. The barrel has a press fit boomstick tip, which seems to quiet it greatly.

If you have any questions please let me know, I'll do my best to answer them. I may be able to test it tomorrow.

GONE
If the buyer can teach me how to primatively use iMovie, I can send a video of "Where the on-off went: Or, how my sydarm tried to kill me. (and almost succeeded)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.

Last edited by Pif; 02-15-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Updated thread with parts required, and also fixed 1 issue.

Quote:
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
You know the music...

What's up with the quick connect on the CO2 screw? Can this still be rocked with 12 grams? Is that the OG plug or was it just drilled?

I'd be very interested if this can be returned to near factory setup.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi_17 View Post
What's up with the quick connect on the CO2 screw? Can this still be rocked with 12 grams? Is that the OG plug or was it just drilled?

I'd be very interested if this can be returned to near factory setup.
This is a factory ca plug, which now has a macro fitting. Pk5 has the 12ie plug, and it seems like he won't mind shipping it to the seller. It gets about 24 shots with a second between each set of 8, with velocity sitting around 260 at last check. Might seem low, but it's very consistent, and the balls never corkscrew.

This sydarm has achieved the best and worse nutshot. Around 100 feet, and I nailed him in the pills. Turned out he was 8 years old, and on my team. Oops. Nuts accurate though

Quote:
Old 01-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
You know the music...

Good Enough. I'll PM you an offer when I get cash in my hand. The valve is capable of being threaded onto the grip screw, yes?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi_17 View Post
Good Enough. I'll PM you an offer when I get cash in my hand. The valve is capable of being threaded onto the grip screw, yes?
My screw was damaged and had to be discarded. I'm wary of damaging another screw. the first thread has been damaged, and it looks like there's a gap. I'll give it a try when I get home.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
You know the music...

OK, I'll keep an eye here. Thanks for all the responses, if nothing else hopefully our conversation will help you get this sold if I can't scrape together some coin before someone else picks it up.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Uticus

Saw this gun working this fall,... If I knew more about mags and what work was required I'd be very tempted to pick it up right now
Uticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
This is a factory ca plug, which now has a macro fitting. Pk5 has the 12ie plug, and it seems like he won't mind shipping it to the seller. It gets about 24 shots with a second between each set of 8, with velocity sitting around 260 at last check. Might seem low, but it's very consistent, and the balls never corkscrew.

This sydarm has achieved the best and worse nutshot. Around 100 feet, and I nailed him in the pills. Turned out he was 8 years old, and on my team. Oops. Nuts accurate though
great story
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Bump. Dropping the price a bit. In reviewing the last 3 months of sydarm sales, I believe that $275 is a fair price given what it needs.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns