mcarterbrown.com  

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Old 03-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

"Carter's Commando" Custom Sheridan KP2

I purchased this beautiful KP2 from fellow MCB'r "93civiccpe" a few weeks back. I love the thing but simply can't justify having such an amazing marker sitting on the sidelines while I use my Geo 2.

This following information has ben quoted from the original sale thread: 93civiccpe's Thread ...

"My Sheridan KP2 is the direct feed (open feed) model. The previous owner had the side of the body and valve tapped so that you can use a remote line. It appears that Mac-1 (McMurray and Son Airsmithing) did the work! The cool thing is that they used a tank fill nipple so that you can still use 12grams without it leaking and it functions fine. Those fittings are brass fittings that the previous owner painted black. When I got it, it leaked when aired up. I just installed a brand new valve & oring replacment kit that I got from MAD, and it does not leak at all with 12grams. (I don't have a way to test velocity and I don't have a full tank to test out the remote hookup but nothing leaks and it fires fine). I know some people polish the bodies, but I loved the patina that this one had and I didn't want to change it. I just love the natural look.

The one thing that makes this stand out is that I have a good friend who is an artist and specializes in sculpting/carving/engraving. I paid him to carve the wood stock that I was in the process of sanding and refinishing. I told him about this forum.. about the Carter's Commando.. Hawaiian shirts.. and the band of brother type silhouette that is often used as a theme for the stock, and then let him do his own artistic thing. He blew me away. He carved it by hand, and you can see the work when looking up close. I know some companies use mills to cut/engrave the wood but the hand carved look is beautiful. He then stained it for me, but it has not been sealed yet. He said people usually either use a wax coating or polyurethane, and he recommended the wax finish as it is easier to keep up with and looks more natural. I haven't sealed it yet as I wanted to leave that open to whoever purchases it. (I would recommend using wax as I was advised). The stain he used is a common minwax stain that you can find at a hardware store if it ever need to be touched up for any reason, and I'll get the color for the owner."

When I received the marker, I tested it with a 12 gram had it had no leaks ad fired perfectly. I'm not sure what it's currently shooting at as I don't have a working chrono atm.

Sale includes the KP2, remote line and a Cram-n-jam feed made by WALZ

Looking for $500 shipped obo

ALL PHOTOS WERE TAKEN BY 93civiccpe
paintball7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bump!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

PM'd
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Aww.. she's finding a new home already.. that is the norm though. If you need any of the pictures they are still in my photobucket account and you are welcome to them. Also, the future owner is welcome to pm me and I can answer any questions and I can provide the stain color in case it ever needs to be touched up.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah. I can't justify having such a beautiful marker that won't get any play.

You can tell I don't horde markers..
Old 03-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hopefully it makes it's home in my collection! This is my dream gun!! Being hopeful! Sometimes good things happen
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bump!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bump
Old 03-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

I still want this man! Im not sure if my PMs are getting through from my Iphone
Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Pending on the receipt of funds

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns