mcarterbrown.com

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sterling Sovereign, ICD Puma

I'm selling these for my brother-in-law who will be using the money for an AR build, so no trades unless it's for AR equipment. If you have an opinion on the pricing of these, please do not post, please send me a PM and I'll take it into consideration. Prices include shipping. International shipping will be extra.

Sterling Sovereign:

This was purchased brand new (along with the Stabilizer) by my brother-in-law back around '96-'97. He played with it a few times and it's been sitting for most of the time. Gun is in good condition. I've replaced all of the bolt o-rings. There are no leaks. The trigger is a little stiff on the initial pull, but it cycles well, gets stuck sometimes when it's pulled back and held. It will need a little bit of timing. I'm not sure about the velocity, it seems to be shooting slow, but I didn't really get into sweet spotting it. Gun is as is. Like I said, may need some work. Some marks on the backblock and bottom of the Stab. The finish on the bottom of the trigger frame is kind of messed up from what I think was paint that was between the ASA and frame that was never cleaned up and has sat for years. It's covered by the ASA. Otherwise it's pretty clean. Some bolt wear as well. Comes with Hogue grips.

Price: $250 SOLD

Next up is an old ICD Puma. Pretty much the same story as the Sov. My brother-in-law bought it brand new back in the day, been sitting most of the time. The gun is in very good shape cosmetically, can't find many marks on it (these things were built to be tanks). The expansion chamber leaks, but there are no leaks when the tank is directly to the gun. I don't have that much experience with blow-backs, and the gun is not re-cocking. I've tinkered around with it a bit, but I haven't really put much time into it. That being said, the gun is sold as is. It may be a simple fix, but I can make no guarantees.

Price: $130

Last edited by xero28; 10-23-2012 at 11:08 PM.
xero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

TTT
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm tempted...my old 'be patient and long shot them' rig was a Puma with a long 7oz under the barrel, a 12oz on the back, a 14" Armson Stealth, and a shotgun scope. It would consistently put ball after ball through 2" bunker cracks halfway across the field, and made a delightfully satisfying "thuNK!" when fired.

But I'm thinning my herd... so, free up for a sweet gun
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

Free up for an ICD
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Bump
Old 05-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Upski.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Your Sov tempts me. Maybe I'll just finish rebuilding the 3-way on mine instead.

Shives
shives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Bump. Sov is sold.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

pming
Tundrapunx is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns