mcarterbrown.com  

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Old 08-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Gettin' out of PB: Microsquall & VM Magnum

Hey guys,

Long time no post...

Now that I own a house and need to buy not-fun things like mattresses, bedroom sets, toilets, and water-heaters, it's time for me to settle on the fact that i don't have time or money for paintball. While sad for me, it's good news for any of you that might like to own some of this fine collection.

I'll be doing these by batches of 2-3 markers to make things more manageable.

All prices are OBO. I'm pricing things around what I think is fair. I've been away from the scene for a while, so feel free to bring me down to earth if I'm off the mark on price. Also, please feel free to ask any questions or get more pictures. I've shot all of these and they cycle fine, although I can't say whether the o-rings are all going to last as they are all at least a couple years old. I'm a regular gun person too, so these all are oiled and treated well.

With anything, if you're not happy ship it back (as long as it's in the same shape I shipped it in). I'll refund everything but the shipping. I'm here to sell because the community always supported me, so if you're not happy, I'm not happy.

First up, Palmer Microsquall. It's a back-bottle PGP stroker conversion. I'm the third owner I believe It's one of the things I find it hardest to sell; it was my first palmer marker, and I had never seen anything like it. Its got the PMI soft rubber grips and a cheap *** red-dot on it for plinking in the back yard. Not sure what else to say, it sells itself. Asking $425 shipped (insured, obviously). Hope it goes to a good home.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maswell/7838198304/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maswell/7838197700/

Next up, VM-68 magnum. Its got the magnum barrel, the vertical bottle foreend (kinda rare), Lonestar grip, aluminum trigger guard, aluminum side panels (the plastic ones break), back-bottle adapter, a pressure gauge mounted on the rear to keep track of gas, and an expansion chamber up front to keep the CO2 flowing steadily. The expansion chamber might leak, I haven't shot it in a while, so consider it a throw-in. I'm trying hard not to break this up since I have a feeling people are going to want parts -- so I'm just going to keep the package price lower. Lets say $200 (shipped, insured) for the whole shebang. I might be way off there, so smack me down if need be. I've got a bunch of parts for this too, so I'll include anything I can find (ASA caps, O-rings, original plates, etc.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maswell/7838197126/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maswell/7838196540/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maswell/7838195942/

Thanks everyone. More to come in the following days!

Last edited by maswell; 10-23-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: fixed links
maswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

I don't mean to insult you, but would you maybe be willing to cut down on the price... by like 50% for the PPS baby up there I mean... beautiful marker!!! especially as I was just day dreaming about PPS turning my ole' Typhoon into something exactly like that... alas, that's a lot of money to spend just so I can mate a pristine Micro CA II on a worthy piece of gear
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Haha, sorry can't do 50%. I remember when I first saw it, before i bought it, I was like throwing money at the screen!

Like I said, I'm flexible -- we can work a bit on price, or if you want to do a payment plan or something, I'm easy going -- no big rush over here.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

lol, well, let me see how much they're charge me at pps to convert my vert typhoon... somehow I think you're will be cheaper. I'll be in touch, regardless though
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

can you run that microsquall on a co2 cartridge with a bucket changer. Do you by chance have any video of it shooting. I would be interested.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

It'll run off a co2 cartridge. I don't have any paintballs, but I'll try and take video of it dry firing.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Video

Note on the video... My Co2 adapter has a broken o-ring, so you can hear it leaking gas. Its NOT the gun leaking.

Just to remove any doubt, i took a close up of the o-ring so you can see.

Also, its Palmer number p1828, if anyone is interested in it's lineage.

Thanks again!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Bump with a price drop! I'm back and forth to the west coast for work, so I apologize for any delay in response. That also means I can do FTF in San Fran or Boston.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Bump again. Offers considered...

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns