mcarterbrown.com

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Old 08-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

68 Special f/s

I just spent all my toy money, so now I need to sell off those toys I don't need. First up will be a 68 Special I bought over a year ago. I took it out of the UPS box, put it on the wall, and never used it. It was refinished, connecting rod and plastic grip are new. The barrel and foregrip look almost new. I'm including the hopper and cover, as well as the misc parts I got with it, like spare connecting rod. I haven't aired it up, so it's going as is. I'd like to get $65 shipped Cont U.S. PENDING

more pics

Last edited by PaintedRat; 08-29-2006 at 01:56 PM.
PaintedRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to komodo Send a message via Yahoo to komodo

It works though, right?

Consider me interested.

...especially those llamas that associate with asssfruit, I mean, bananas.
komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

I haven't a clue. I don't have a siphon tank as I was recommended. Anyone know if I can safely just point it down with a regular tank to test it? If so, I should be able to add a little oil and test it tonight.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Im very sure you can fire it with a normal CO2 tank. Its just that a siphon works better. These things LOVE liquid CO2, though Im not sure why a normal tank wouldnt work for a couple of shots.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
It'll work with a normal tank, but fps will be low and shootdown will be terrible. If you tip it down, rapid fire abit, then immediately chamber a ball and fire, it'll give you a good indication of how it'll run on liquid.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Speaking of which, where would one go about getting a siphon tank, or getting one converted? I had just planned on getting a .68 special for winter play with a normal tank. But, they seem so cool I should just get a siphon for it and use it as my main semi (better than my fussy spyder or the raptor I borrow once in awhile from my freind).

Old 08-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think it is just like having a tank made anti-siphon. Take a tank to a pb shop, they pull the valve and add a drop tube. It will curve upwards instead of down. They need the marker along with it to see where the threads stop and which way is up when the tank is screwed all the way in. If the threads are 180 degrees off from another marker, you may be able to use as an anti-siphon for that.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
[QUOTE=komodo]I had just planned on getting a .68 special for winter play with a normal tank. QUOTE]
This won't work. Contrary to popular belief, cold tempurature does not cause liquid to flow into the gun.The only time a normal tank will work on a special is in the summer when the tank temp is over 90 and the pressure spikes to 1200 psi. In the winter with a normal tank you'll be lucky to get 600 psi which will translate to about 180 fps.
If your interested, I can probably send you a flexible siphon tube for $5 shipped. it'll be tephlon tubing with a weight on the end so it'll pull liquid no matter how the tank screws into the asa. The downside of these versus hardline siphons is the 'ting'ing as you run around.

Hope this info helps.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I dont think my local shop will do that. They are kind of...ignorant, to say the least.

Ill just see if someone will part with one from here.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Has it been too long since I played if I can't remember when my gun oil is? I'll start digging through boxes, otherwise I gotta wait until tomorrow and make a run to the local shop. Sweet monkey christ it's going to be embarassing to go in there and only spend $3. And no, the solution is not to spend more.
Me>> Them>>

I've got a few CO2 tanks with charge, but I need some advise on that since I'm here. I need to exchange my fill station. I should have though of that before I sold my truck. Is it a bad idea to bungee strap a 20lb tank to the sissy bar of a motorcycle? Bah, when I get the next package in the mail, I think it is time to spread everthing out on the pool table and systematically clean/fix/oil/test everything.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns