mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Rare, Old Guns (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/rare-old-guns/)
-   -   Sweet KP3 still up for grabs (HUGE PRICE DROP) (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/rare-old-guns/216420-sweet-kp3-still-up-grabs-huge-price-drop.html)

Slim 10-18-2012 09:18 PM

Sweet KP3 still up for grabs (HUGE PRICE DROP)

4 Attachment(s)
SOLD!!!

Some vintage goodness for your consideration...
(Relisted from my other sales thread)

My vintage KP-3. I picked it up used back in '91 or '92. Stuck it on a shelf and forgot about it. I never used it in a game, and other than a few rounds off the back deck, it's remained unused for the past 20+ years.

Attachment 35691
Attachment 35692

The factory finish is in excellent shape for its age, and shows only very minor pump wear. No dings, dents or gouges. The stock was a little rough so I sanded it down with the intent of replicating the original finish. Never happened. It still needs a final sand, stain and varnish, but now the next owner can pick whatever stain/color they like.

Comes with a very rare PMI sight rail, quick-strip bolt and an aftermarket 5" Delrin pump. The 10oz tank shown in the photos will NOT be included (1990 hydro date so no loss there). Considering it's age this gun is in incredible original condition. Overall, it's easily an 8.5 to 9 out of 10.

Attachment 35693

The only point to note: There is small hairline crack in the CA adapter where the elbow screws in resulting in a leak. I'm sure Palmers has the replacement part on hand, and is a simple matter of screwing the new one into place. Also, one of the white plastic screws on the bottle bracket is missing. Other than the adapter leak, the gun functions correctly.

Attachment 35694

Looks like if I ever want to sell this beauty I need to drop the price big time, so... NEW PRICE: $300 SHIPPED IN THE U.S.!!! - DOES NOT INCLUDE THE TANK!! Right now I really need the cash, but will still consider unique stock-class trades. Micro CA IIs, PPS Phantom Stabs, unique ano Phantoms and needed Phantom parts will always be considered.

SOLD!!!

c6quad 10-19-2012 03:09 AM

that's a beauty!

those c/a adapters are notorious for cracking. i have fixed them with JB Weld and a hose clamp. i know it's a ghetto way of fixing it but it damn sure works. i will say that this beauty deserves a proper fix though...it's too nice to go ghetto on it.

Slim 10-19-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c6quad (Post 2509413)
that's a beauty!

those c/a adapters are notorious for cracking. i have fixed them with JB Weld and a hose clamp. i know it's a ghetto way of fixing it but it damn sure works. i will say that this beauty deserves a proper fix though...it's too nice to go ghetto on it.

Thanks for the kind words! I had considered JB Weld, but agree that a proper fix is the way to go.

Just a note: I know lots of brass fans like to remove the factory finish and polish it up. Given the excellent condition of the original coating I'd hate to see that happen with this gun. I've seen a lot of KPs for sale, but I haven't seen too many with factory finishes that are even close to being as nice as this one. (It's what happens when you pick up a newer gun, and then shelve it for 20 years! LOL!). Sure polished brass looks cool, but sometimes it's even cooler to see a vintage gun closer to the way it looked when it came out of the box - preserving history and all that. Just my 2 pesos. Obviously, whoever buys it can do what they like with it.

As mentioned, with a final sand (0000 ultra fine grit), stain of your choosing and 2 varnish coats, this gun will have vintage fans drooling.

c6quad 10-19-2012 03:57 PM

if someone were to polish this one they should be shot and stripped of their manhood!

Slim 10-22-2012 05:32 PM

RISE!!!!

YeloSno 10-23-2012 02:09 AM

Interested in a CCM S6, you add some cash?

Slim 10-23-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YeloSno (Post 2512964)
Interested in a CCM S6, you add some cash?

Thanks, an S6 is nice but I'm only interested in stock-class guns.

YeloSno 10-23-2012 11:04 PM

Hmmm, You can always buy the SC feedneck from CCM and SC it out.

BTW, that garg/phanty hybrid is absolutely delicious.

SpyyMarket1978 10-24-2012 07:28 AM

PM sent

Slim 10-31-2012 03:26 PM

Still available.