mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Rare, Old Guns (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/rare-old-guns/)
-   -   Beautiful, one-of-a-kind K1 / KP2 project for sale... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/rare-old-guns/234785-beautiful-one-kind-k1-kp2-project-sale.html)

ranger steve 06-02-2013 10:17 PM

Beautiful, one-of-a-kind K1 / KP2 project for sale...

25 Attachment(s)
SOLD!!!

I've been very slowly piecing together this project for awhile. It's a KP that was previously owned by Stuffy. I purchased just the tubes from him. I also purchased one of Teimussan's black walnut stocks long ago. Basically I decided to make one sexy, badass, bolt-action K-series. But times have changed and I'm beginning to lose interest. I've inquired with WALZ to have a bolt-action bolt made and am currently looking for a suitable trigger guard. But I have some other hobbies and I'm beginning to think the money could be better spent elsewhere. I really don't see myself playing paintball for awhile. As far as I know, chplstone did all of the brass work. I have no reason to doubt it, as the quality is top-notch.

So long story short, I'm putting everything up for sale. It's a lot of quality parts with some tasteful and well-done modifications. This K-series is going to be a stunner when it's done.

The tubes:

-Original KP2 tubes (with a nice patina)
-Rebarrel with .685 - 14" brass tubing the sight pin was reinstalled in the correct location
-Brass Cocker-style detent
-PPS Valve
-Quick-strip slot
-Spring feed slot
-Black delrin springfeed chaser with copper spring
-New-old-stock Sheridan feedplug cap
-New-old-stock Sheridan trigger (double-lobe KP2 trigger)
-Sand blasted trigger group (ready for paint - or to be left bare)
-Drilled RVA (very well done, perfectly straight) with a stainless allen screw
-PPS Fastchanger
-Custom delrin large grip feedplug with angled front

Other parts:

-Full length F-series (K1) black walnut reproduction stock. It has been sanded with high-grit sandpaper and is unfinished, ready to be stained whatever shade and color you desire. I paid $100 for just the stock two years ago when he did his final run
-Delrin PPS quick-pull bolt (brass knob and 3 x delrin o-rings)
-Delrin PPS large pump handle
-PPS modified pump arm
-Drilled/tapped RVA Sheridan trigger group block (it has some tooling wear and the RVA job works, but is slightly to the side and not 100% straight)

It is important to note that this gun is working and you could throw the pump/bolt on it and cut the stock to have a functioning KP2. But believe me, this stock is too nice to cut though; that's why I decided to go bolt-action with it.

The photos (no scratches or dents) just some dust from sitting on my work bench):

Attachment 39356

Attachment 39357

Attachment 39358

Attachment 39359

Attachment 39360

Attachment 39361

Attachment 39362

Attachment 39363

Attachment 39364

Attachment 39365

Attachment 39366

Attachment 39367

Attachment 39368

Attachment 39369

Attachment 39370

Attachment 39371

Attachment 39372

Attachment 39373

Attachment 39374

Attachment 39375

Attachment 39376

Attachment 39377

Attachment 39378

Attachment 39379

Attachment 39380

__________________________________________________ ______________

I'm not really sure what to ask for this. With all of these quality parts and professional brass work, it's a beauty.

I'll take $425 (price dropped) shipped for everything - packed, insured, delivery confirmation to anywhere in the CONUS. If you're in Canada and a serious buyer, we can work something out. From my past experience with packing and shipping KPs, it costs me about $30-40 in materials and shipping charges.

This is an immaculate KP with some high-quality brass work done. I really don't have to sell it. I'd rather keep it, finish it, and store it in my gun safe as part of my firearm collection than take a loss on selling it. That being said, no trades, parting, or low-balls please.

Thanks for looking, PM or text me at if you're interested or have questions.

ranger steve 06-02-2013 10:22 PM

I'm going to leave this up here for a week to give MCB Members first dibs; then it's off to the Open For Sale forum.

Stilgar 06-02-2013 10:29 PM

As if it will last that long!

If I hadn't just bought another gun... I would be very tempted to take this and lever it!

ranger steve 06-02-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilgar (Post 2724152)
As if it will last that long!

If I hadn't just bought another gun... I would be very tempted to take this and lever it!

I'm telling you man, no joke - this thing already looks and feels phenomenal. It is so comfortable to sight in. And like you said, you can take it in any direction you want: pump, bolt-action, lever, semi, etc... It's ready to go, as all of the hard work is done. I showed my father the stock last time he was over and he kept saying how beautiful it's going to be after a good stain, or even several coats of oil.

DashHopes 06-03-2013 08:37 AM

I love this, good luck on the sale.

wrongbloke 06-03-2013 09:23 AM

Consider selling the bolt, pump, and pump arm by themselves?

ranger steve 06-03-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrongbloke (Post 2724363)
Consider selling the bolt, pump, and pump arm by themselves?

Not at the moment. If I don't sell the gun, I may consider selling them separately to fund Walz's fee to build a bolt-action bolt.

ranger steve 06-03-2013 09:11 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Lots and lots of interest. No one has pulled the trigger yet. With that being said, fresh photos in the daylight:

Attachment 39401

Attachment 39402

Attachment 39403

Attachment 39404

Attachment 39405

Attachment 39406

Attachment 39407

Attachment 39408

Attachment 39410

Attachment 39411

ranger steve 06-04-2013 10:16 PM

TTT

ranger steve 06-06-2013 07:51 PM

Bump. It's still here. Nothing has been parted out.