mcarterbrown.com

Rare, Old Guns This is a catch all sale forum for pump, double action, or semi auto's built prior to 1995 Old Parts for these guns are also welcome here

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Tippmann Factory F/A x3 (1 .45 framed) - Pseudo-Repost with large price drop

GENERAL INFORMATION:

- This is somewhat of a repost of my other thread (now closed), with an added marker and a hefty (25%+) price drop. It's likely that I'm going to be moving in a couple months, my rental property is hemorrhaging money due to stupid HOA, and frankly I'm sick of looking at these three fine markers sitting on my floor collecting dust. I don't need to sell them, but it would be convenient. Unlike my original post and reflective of condition and the already hefty drop on the price, listed prices are FIRM. I will consider trade offers, but to be honest since a) I'm not adding cash and b) nothing I want right now is really in the price range of these markers, it's very unlikely I'll go for a trade.
- Prices include PayPal and shipping via USPS, tracked and insured, to the Lower 48 US OR EQUIVALENT. This probably means AK, HI, Canada, etc are still kosher. Shipping to Burma, PM because you're probably going to need to pony up a bit more for shipping (difference between my normal cost and cost to get it to you).

THE GOODS:

General Info about Items 1 - 3 for those unfamiliar with the Factory F/A:
- Mechanical full-auto via selector switch safety. Rate of Fire is adjustable via the shock system.
- Star Feed system, the precursor to the Cyclone feed. Star Feed will accept all Cyclone Feed hoppers with minor modification (bevel edges of bump).
- The Factory F/A is highly compatible with most "Pro" series components (including the forward bolt and valve) and accessories with the exception of the loader system.
- Pro/A5/X7 threaded barrel (Note that barrels with a very thick back section will not necessarily fit in the foregrip; for reference I have installed a J&J ceramic on my personal F/A with no interference).

Item 1: Tippmann Factory F/A (Serial #1720) $425

Condition:
Cosmetic/Aesthetic - "Very Good" Serial number and warning markers are visible and legible. Original instructional/warning label is still intact on Star Feeder. Original Indian Springs hopper is worn but functional.
Functional - "Very Good" Completely torn down, rebuilt and resealed. O-rings checked, replaced as needed. New detent. Holds air without leaking, and cycles in both semi and full auto modes. Star Feed system works. Note that the shock system is being shipped dry, and will need to be filled with viscous fluid (heavy paintball gun oil, automatic transmission fluid, machine oil, etc) in order to properly adjust firing cycle.

Points of interest about this item:
- Aftermarket "Starfire" aluminum bolt (plastic Pro Carbine bolts will fit)
- While cleaning, the internals of this marker seemed to have very little wear. It was either used rarely or very well maintained by previous owners. The blue anodizing on the bolt is almost immaculate. There may be a very slight amount of rust on the bolts used to hold the Star feeder and foregrip on, which is common with this type of bolt. They are a standard size and can be replaced by a quick trip to your local hardware store if desired.

Pictures:

Item 2: Tippmann Factory F/A (Serial #505) $425

Condition:
Cosmetic/Aesthetic - "Very Good" Serial number and warning markers are visible and legible.
Functional - "Very Good" Completely torn down, rebuilt and resealed. O-rings checked, replaced as needed. New detent. Holds air without leaking, and cycles in both semi and full auto modes. Star Feed system works. Note that the shock system is being shipped dry, and will need to be filled with viscous fluid (heavy paintball gun oil, automatic transmission fluid, machine oil, etc) in order to properly adjust firing cycle.

- Aftermarket "Starfire" aluminum bolt (plastic Pro Carbine bolts will fit)
- I received this marker in somewhat poor condition and very dirty; it appeared to have been heavily used and poorly maintained. Some hardware was missing completely or replaced with cobbled together parts. The retaining split-ring for the safety/selector switch is still missing from the right hand side of the grip, but the switch is not loose and will only slide out if the frame is removed from the receiver. There is about 50% anodizing left on the forward bolt. As there was no foregrip, I cut down a Pro-Lite foregrip to match the F/A foregrip (which I suspect is what TPI originally did anyway..); it is not a perfect match but fits properly and securely and does not wobble.

Pictures:

Item 3: Tippmann Factory F/A (Serial #958) $450

Condition:
Cosmetic/Aesthetic - "Very Good" Serial number and warning markers are visible and legible. Probably the best condition body of the three, however there are several upgrades (see below).
Functional - "Very Good" Holds air without leaking, and cycles in both semi and full auto modes. Star Feed system works. Shock system on this one is lubricated, set to a nice brisk but not ridiculous rate, and ready to go.

- This marker was upgraded and the factory original parts are NOT included. It has the shorter, 8.5" factory barrel, and a bottomline mounted metal stock with ASA. The frame modification looks to have been done very cleanly, and the safety/selector switch is firmly installed with no wobble and a clear locking feel at each position. The frame has one-piece rubber wrap-around grips (not the typical 2-piece rigid TPI panels)

Pictures:

Item 4: JCS/Blackpoint Engineering Adjustable, Folding Combat Stock w/RVA for Tippmann Pro Carbine (2 available) $45 ea, $35 when purchased with Items 1-3 UPDATE 2 SOLD, 1 REMAIN

Condition:
Cosmetic/Aesthetic - "New"
Functional - "New"

- No longer in production; I purchased the last of the stock from the JCS closeout auction on eBay
- Replaces rear cap on Pro series markers (Lite, Carbine, Factory F/A, 68 Carbine, etc)
- Contains a Rear Velocity Adjuster (use in lieu of set screw in Power Tube for easier velocity adjustment)
- Clears Star Feed/Cyclone Feed in folded position
- Items are "reserved" pending sale of Items 1 or 2. One stock will be released for sale for each of those items which sells without the buyer purchasing a stock. EDIT: Reservation over since I'm having a hard time selling the markers. If you want the last stock, lemme know.

Pictures:

Item 5: APP Cyclone Hopper $10, $5 with purchase of Items 1-3

Condition:
Cosmetic/Aesthetic - "Very Good"
Functional - "Very Good"

- Locking nub has been slightly filed down to fit in a Star Feeder, but is still viable in a Cyclone. Otherwise..it's a hopper.

Pictures:

Last edited by Mayvik; 10-02-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Status update
Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

You have 3 now? lol

Your FA whore!

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Old 09-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
You have 3 now? lol

Your FA whore!
3 EXTRAS
Old 09-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Bump..
Old 10-31-2008, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Closed until after my move.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Rare, Old Guns