mcarterbrown.com  

Rare and Old Come across a gun older than 1994? There is an evil cult always on the look out for these. Post your finds!

Old 06-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Strange Ordinance Paint Grenade

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grenade-Smoke-M6...QQcmdZViewItem

Sweeeeet item.

But $15.00 for shipping.... damn!!!
Painthappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
The heck with $15.00 for shipping!! Original price $60.00??

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nerd=Geek

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Very kewl. Haven't seen one of those in quite a while. But I doubt it'd still be useful after 5 years of sitting around. That guy totally got ripped off paying $60 for it. BUT, if it wasn't so old and the fields around me still allowed them, I just might have to pick it up.

Andry : )

Proud member of The Peacekeepers, UMSG JTF7, Rogue Cell #12 and CCABB

My Feedback Soft and Hard gear F/S! Got cigar tubes?
CrazyBoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
As a collector.. I might pay $15.00 but not an extra $15.00 for shipping. $10.00 plus $5.00 for shipping. yeah.. I'd do that.

I think that's what I paid for my last one. I also have a donated one in the VR section.

Yes, I keep them separate...
Painthappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Oh that brings back a memory!

Boy, do I think those are the coolest things....it also brings back a great memory! Back when I was a young buck Army private, I went to Paintball Heaven in Bridgewater, MA (now P&L) with some friends. We had been going there since highschool, and hadn't been there for a little while. It was a late winter/early spring game, and we all had the field pump rentals (nelson clone of some type, may have been razorbacks, but I don't remember precisely)

Anyhow, that particular weekend there was a group of marine"poolies" (highschool kids that had enlisted, but hadn't shipped out to basic training yet, learning physical fitness and team work with their instructor/recruiter.)

It was a large enough group that they allowed them to be the defenders of the Fort (if any of you happen to remember the cool old fort they had). While we were attacking, the Marine recruiter/instructor decided to utilize one of those grenades. Now, I'm not exactly sure what he intended...perhaps he thought he could "cook off" a few seconds similar to a real grendade, and have an air burst. Well, he ended up having the thing blow up just as he released it, covering his entire torso in that yellow, similar in appearance to runny scrambled eggs goop. He was cussing and fussing, and had to walk off the catwalk of the fort and back behind the net, in front of all his trainees. I laughed so hard, and remember yelling all kinds of "you shoulda joined the Army" comments to the remaining poolies standing on the buttess, from my concealed position behind some trees.

I've had an affinity for those grenades ever since...lol.

-Luke

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via ICQ to Zerochance

Heh heh I remember a particular event involving those from way back. We had a local field where the owner was a real jerk. He always joined the games, cheated, wiped, and even managed to overshoot people with a pumpgun. We were attacking a fort and three of us were on the ridge making our way down. My team captain and I were throwing smoke grenades and the field owner was in a bunker with us. Well, my team captain had one of the strange ordnance grenades. He handed it to the field owner and told him to try lobbing it over the wall. I think he must have thought he would manage an airburst just like those marine guys because he pulled the cap and held it WAAAY too long. It popped in his hand and just covered him with goo. Pretty funny. He was lucky he didn't get hurt. But he was such a jerk everyone was privately snickering about it.

If that guy REALLY paid $60 for this paint grenade he is a numbskull. And $15 to ship it is a total rip off. I'm surprised it isn't leaking goo everywhere.

www.scarecrow-paintball.com Vintage Pumpgun Custom Work and Restoration.
Zerochance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Since they do have an explosive charge in them (which is why the company got shut down IIRC) dont they need to be shipped as a hazardous material?
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Rare and Old