mcarterbrown.com  

Rare and Old Come across a gun older than 1994? There is an evil cult always on the look out for these. Post your finds!

Old 12-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball Grandpa

2 autocockers Sl 68 and PGP looking for new home

Hi Y’all:
I played obsessively from 91-96 then I moved from So Cal to Atlanta GA. My paintball gear sat since then. One that I believe was purchased in 92 is SN.8288 and the second one purchased in 93 is SN 10013

Here is a picture of what we want to sell so I can buy an airsoft gun. The PGP is frozen solid, the Tipman can dry fire, the cockers leak CO2 but the ram still moves. We cut the slots in the regulator covers ourselves.

I bought them from Bud Orr’s store in Whittier and had Jeff Orr change the regulators from the manual ones to the first ones Bud designed at his factory in Santa Fe Springs.

The two stainless barrels with muzzle breaks and the short one came from Earon Carters Machine shop where he made them on an old Bridgeport lathe.

All of the tanks have CO2 in them.

I am asking for advice on how to go about selling this stuff so I can get some airsoft guns and start playing with my son again …..and my three grandsons.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by philsaudio; 12-27-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: looks
philsaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Future Robocop

this is the ebay section
try the "ask the experts" section up above

bigbthebenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

You can look at the MCB Paintball - Paintball's Official Blue Book and get a general value range for the guns. You can also look at e-bay to see what they are going for, a word of warning is that you will often see guns with no bids on them because they have been priced to high. Just look for what they actually sold for. Then you can list them either here if you know how much you want for them, or on e-bay if you are willing to take what they are auctioned for. If you want to sell them here we ask that you set a price on them rather than auction them off. You can list a price and mention that you are willing to negotiate. As a rule you will usually find that you have less problems with sales here than other places, but we do have strangers swing by here too so nothing is guaranteed.
Of course you could take the better option and get the guns fixed up and then take the kids out to play paintball. I once had a 80 year old player at my field inform me that this was the most fun you could have with your clothes on or off. And if you hang around here long you will find that there are several of us your age or older too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball Grandpa

Thanks for responding y’all.
Let me put it another way. I am not asking, “how many dollars” when I ask the next question.

Is this stuff really worth anything? In the sense that if these markers were working, nealy how well any of these markers ever worked, would they be worth anything on the field ? I do know enough to know it is all about the player not so much the equipment, but if the equipment is not up to what the rest of the guys have, no matter how good the player, the player will have a tough time dominating in the game, ya know?

So what would you think if; say you drove by a field and decided to rent and the rental guns where these guns (working 99%) Would you still play?

Do people still use this kind of equipment today? Is CO2 out as propellant and would one be able to get a CO2 refill on the average paintball field today?

What kind of buyer do you suppose would be attracted to this kind of stuff ?

Peace.

Last edited by philsaudio; 12-28-2011 at 03:13 AM. Reason: looks
Old 12-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Well if i were renting and these were the only one available i'll still play. CO2 refill is depending on the field and where you are at. My local fields have CO2, but charge an arm and a leg for them, where as compress air is free.

To price your guns above:

The cocker: $100 ish each depending on how fast you want to sell. Max I have seen them recently is about $130 shipped.

The pgp: $35 if it is rusted frozen solid.

The SL: $6o - 80? I am not sure, just search the mechanical forum to see recent price, they are pretty common.

The carter barrels: depending on the bore, they could be worth a bundle, but that is depending on the bore.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Paintball Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
The carter barrels: depending on the bore, they could be worth a bundle, but that is depending on the bore.

I wonder what about the bore depends?

I put some co2 on them and its the LPR's that leak. I saw I&I has them for $5.50 each.https://www.iisports.com/product.asp..._id=XP1215A-M5

I figure I will get them running, put the stock barrels, a boatloader and a tank on each one and sell the barrels separately. What do you think about this regulator?

Funny the first ones were adjustable, guaranteed to chop the first ball when you have your advantage. The replacements at the time were non adjustable, as was the Palmer Rock, which came out the next day after Jeff Orr installed the regulators that now leak, 17years later. Now-a-days all of the replacement/upgrade regulators seem to be adjustable again.

All this makes me want to play.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsaudio View Post
Thanks for responding y’all.
Let me put it another way. I am not asking, “how many dollars” when I ask the next question.

Is this stuff really worth anything? In the sense that if these markers were working, nealy how well any of these markers ever worked, would they be worth anything on the field ? I do know enough to know it is all about the player not so much the equipment, but if the equipment is not up to what the rest of the guys have, no matter how good the player, the player will have a tough time dominating in the game, ya know?

So what would you think if; say you drove by a field and decided to rent and the rental guns where these guns (working 99%) Would you still play?

Do people still use this kind of equipment today? Is CO2 out as propellant and would one be able to get a CO2 refill on the average paintball field today?
You have come to the home of the people that still play with these guns. There are many of up who play only in pump or pistol games so the SL II and PGP would interest them. Others of us use pumps and pistols in regular play and prefer them.

What kind of buyer do you suppose would be attracted to this kind of stuff ?
Only the lunatic fringe. Basically everyone on this site. If I had any cash I would take all 4 but I have 5 kids and my first grand-kid on the way so funds are not available.
Peace.
You have come to the right place to find interest for these kind of markers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Paintball Grandpa

Grandkids

Big Jim:

The ten year old I began my paintball journey with is now the father of two three year old twin grandsons. They are just entering the defiant stage now and I can tell they will make fine targets in a few years. Only in the fondest most loving way if you know what I mean.

Peace

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Rare and Old