mcarterbrown.com  

Rare and Old Come across a gun older than 1994? There is an evil cult always on the look out for these. Post your finds!

Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well, that is a MAC-1 pump handle, and a Cooper-T BBA............
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

The auction seems fairly accurate. Sure some of the details are off a bit, but in general, everything is fairly close to target.

Either the seller is going off of memory, or he cut/pasted from the internet.

Quote:
Kinda want to call bs on this whole section
Its been pretty well documented that the early PMI guns were derived from, and based on BB guns. Some custom shops would do conversions from BB guns to paintball as well.

I know everyone on MCB thinks they are elite, and know everything. So we tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to anyone who doesnt know exact dates or trivial details.... but this auction looks pretty straightforward.

Quote:
"Back then we made manual modifications to our paintballs ourselves to get an edge. "
This is true. We would make our own direct-feeds, our own pumps, our own barrel extensions/suppressors, are own cali-setups, stocks, etc. That was a different era.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Its to be expected after the K2 hit over $800. People are going to think that all Sheridans are bringing in some serious dough.
Wildgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

he has a 68 special for the same price. I think he found them in a storage unit and thinks he hit gold.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
The auction seems fairly accurate. Sure some of the details are off a bit, but in general, everything is fairly close to target.

Either the seller is going off of memory, or he cut/pasted from the internet.

Its been pretty well documented that the early PMI guns were derived from, and based on BB guns. Some custom shops would do conversions from BB guns to paintball as well.

I know everyone on MCB thinks they are elite, and know everything. So we tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to anyone who doesnt know exact dates or trivial details.... but this auction looks pretty straightforward.

This is true. We would make our own direct-feeds, our own pumps, our own barrel extensions/suppressors, are own cali-setups, stocks, etc. That was a different era.
I think the issue is that the seller is stating details that might have some truth in history, but they have nothing to do with that gun. He makes it sound like he was an elite old school air smith who built it from a pellet gun. Then he added some jacked up price to reflect the wild statements he's making.

That's a pretty much stock PMI with a cooper-T ASA, PMI rubbers and an aftermarket pump handle. The only moderately interesting thing is that it has a center drilled feed hole so it was either converted from a stock class feed or one of the less common elbows used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Rare and Old