mcarterbrown.com  

Rare and Old Come across a gun older than 1994? There is an evil cult always on the look out for these. Post your finds!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Predator. nuff said.

RARE - Predator series Autococker
Headshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have never been an ac guy, so i am curious as to what makes this a 700$ marker. Anyone care to school me?

Agglet on Paintball Pet Peeves - "Milsim overload. I don't understand how everything that isn't tournament play became milsim. It was like one day I woke up and every paintball field had been occupied by a slightly overweight military force. "
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

i think it's more like the seller is trying to get most of what he paid for it back in the day. i guess he thinks it's still worth that price. it's a beautiiful gun, just way over priced IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
I have never been an ac guy, so i am curious as to what makes this a 700$ marker. Anyone care to school me?
It's more about the rarity and history of the marker.

The is pasted from the gallery section at customcockers.com

"In 1995 the UK Predators (top UK team and a solid world contender) agreed to switch to shooting autocockers and the Belsales Predator series was born. Early Predator cockers were built off left feed Evolution bodies anodized in the Predators trademark green and only later took on the signature milling and engraving of the line. Unlike the Evolution series, Belsales US distributor for the Predator series was WGP themselves."

The price is not based on performance, though if it was well kept it should still perform well. The company, Belsales, also puts out premium components that stand the test of time. My 1999 Belsales Evolution is 13 years old, but it performs at optimal levels.

evolution cycling test with qevs
Timed with no leaks, cycling on a slide frame - YouTube

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have a pred and wouldnt sell it for less than 800$

If you grew up in the cocker vs mag era you would understand why they demand such a high resale price....
Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Yep, what they said. The Predator is essentially a special edition Evolution, and while the performance and components are not a super big deal, they are a sought after collectible that command a signficant price premium. However, as a bit of an autococker collector myself, I think they are a bit overhyped price wise since they are really not all that hard to find.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

well, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. i'm sure it's probably worth that to someone out there.
Quote:
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
LMAO, c6quad I love the avatar pic... good job.

Anywho I never liked autocockers, but if i would get one it be a Blazer. Yes i know they are not the same item, but same idea. More of an old automag fan.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

you lookin' at my monkey?!? lol

thanks!
Quote:
my feedback
Old 04-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
If I had the money I'd buy it at that price!!
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Rare and Old