mcarterbrown.com  

Rare and Old Come across a gun older than 1994? There is an evil cult always on the look out for these. Post your finds!

Old 08-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Beautiful PG on EBay

Near mint PG on Ebay, more than I would consider paying and needs new seals.

Vintage Sheridan co2 Paintball Marker

They also have some Crosmans up for grams too:

Rare Vintage Crosman 3357 Spot Marker in .50 paintball with the original box

Rare Vintage Crosman 357 paintball marker USES .60 PAINTBALLS

Last edited by paintzapper; 08-10-2017 at 01:49 PM.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

I would dare to say that has be powder coated, as well as the bolt, front and rear magazine plugs have been polished. They came anodized black from the factory(looked blue).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaparen View Post
I would dare to say that has be powder coated, as well as the bolt, front and rear magazine plugs have been polished. They came anodized black from the factory(looked blue).

Wrong, I believe that is 100% Factory original...

HERE
VintageRex.com | PMI - Sheridan PG

fyi..the black ones turn 'blue' with age.
BB
Brassballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thrill Me!

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

That is what I was saying.... the ones on the ebay are not blue or black they are polished.

As well as look at the texture on the close up of the finish, it has a texture. The original chemical finish was a smooth finish on the brass.

Edit: I smell what you are cookin with the bolt and plugs. Not saying that is not original, it is just the only PG I personally have ever seen looking like that. I obviously have not seen them all but have owned a dozen plus. But I will relent on the plugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I honestly can barely stand most of the mods here, and don't even get me started on the f***ing Canadian ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

Last edited by snaparen; 08-10-2017 at 10:19 PM.
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaparen View Post
That is what I was saying.... the ones on the ebay are not blue or black they are polished.

As well as look at the texture on the close up of the finish, it has a texture. The original chemical finish was a smooth finish on the brass.

The 1st gen. ramped ft. sight and the RARE side tube versions HAD silver plugs...look at Vintage Rex link.

NO on the finish.. untouched ones had a lil texture(like a fine sand blast)and are copper flash coated before blackend...I've had a few.

still luv U anyway Snappy
BB

Last edited by Brassballs; 08-10-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Brassballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
The PG pictured is 100% original. I have one identical except for the ramped sight. Its actually worth every bit of $100 if not more. Ramped sights are rare. Usually, people who have a side tubed PG missing the ramped sight will drive the price up on these because they need the sight. Very nice PG. IF I didn't already have a ton of brass, I would pick it up.
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Also, the original "chemical finish" was most likely black oxide. Many metal finishers will tell you that Brass can't be black oxided, because, they don't know how to do it. I have three local people that all claim this. Then, I have my people, and I assure you it can. Very mint examples of PGs and other Sheridans have a flatter color and more "texture" because the brass is first bead blasted and then dipped in the oxide solution. They are mint so they show the bead blasting more. As soon as the finish starts to wear or gets any type of oil on it, it becomes shinier. Also, I believe Sheridan went with a different blasting process later on which resulted in slightly shinier examples. Then, with the cart valves, they eventually switched to the powder coated finish.
I have a company that can replicate the original Sheridan finish to a tee, to where you cannot discern it from a mint PG like this. The problem is, fewer and fewer markers look mint like this PG so its hard to tell what a true mint factory finish looks like.

Last edited by Dawg047; 08-11-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

History! Good info guys!
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Looks original to me too

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

PG actually made me drool a bit... Anyone notice that the seller also has a Crosman 3357 in .60 for sale. Only ever saw one before. If someone would post a link I'm sure others would love to see it...
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Rare and Old