mcarterbrown.com

Rare and Old Come across a gun older than 1994? There is an evil cult always on the look out for these. Post your finds!

Old 02-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
No class

I was a little surprised it went for that. That thing looked immaculate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I'm like a paintball sex tourist. Top dollar for a good time.
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
The other one that had been listed went for $450, this one was worth a little less (IMO) due to the front of the stock being cut.

That's right in line with where things should be.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
All in

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frink View Post
The other one that had been listed went for $450, this one was worth a little less (IMO) due to the front of the stock being cut.

That's right in line with where things should be.
... guess who took the first one?

The front of this one was cut, AND she was leaking too... but I bet she just needs a new 12ie seal.

To be honest I think i had a greater deal, though.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Nice buy. I would agree, for $450 the other one was a better deal.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

considering this one is a possible k2 converted to kp2... this is a better deal IMO. also, the front sight isn't missing like the other one(if i'm thinking of the same one).

the leak doesn't matter IMO. finding one in this nice condition with a leak usually means that it has never been taken apart... which is good IMO. the stock is a bit of a bummer but that can easily be changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm guessing it was K2 body. he said it had no holes.

couldn't have been used much at all,no pump marks..great score Chad!
Brassballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

thanks!

i'll see when it gets here. hopefully it'll be nice and have no ugly surprises. those pics in the auction didn't show much detail.
Quote:
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
Old 02-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
All in

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
considering this one is a possible k2 converted to kp2... this is a better deal IMO. also, the front sight isn't missing like the other one(if i'm thinking of the same one).

the leak doesn't matter IMO. finding one in this nice condition with a leak usually means that it has never been taken apart... which is good IMO. the stock is a bit of a bummer but that can easily be changed.
You're right, the leaking is not a problem, and would be a sign of a good condition overall. And I don't know what's a K2.

But how much is a wood stock? It would be pretty hard to find for me, or/and pretty expensive. To me, the front sight isn't really a problem. I can find some.

To be honest though, I send it to Titus, and he told me the pump action is really really tough... he's probably gonna look to make it smoother if he have the time to. I don't know about these guns so i would say it's coming from the bolt balls or their spring, maybe the bolt seal needs some oil, or has been changed for a bigger one... Dunno.

In conclusion, we both had a great deal, according to our personnal matters... So everything's criss.

Last edited by RaSs_FR; 02-16-2009 at 11:26 AM.
RaSs_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

a k2 is the bolt action version that predates the kp2.

stocks can be found and prices vary... just depends on where you find them.

i'm sure the stroke is tough. they always are but they can be improved by putting in new ball bearings and clipping a couple coils off the bearing spring. combine that with a good cleaning and polish of the barrel and you'd be surprised in how smooth the stroke can be. a lot of people recommend taking the bearings out of the bolt and not use them. i don't like doing that. i like the bearings. they help lock the bolt in place and help to make sure the bolt doesn't rotate any in the barrel.
Quote:
my feedback
Old 02-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
All in

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
a lot of people recommend taking the bearings out of the bolt and not use them. i don't like doing that. i like the bearings. they help lock the bolt in place and help to make sure the bolt doesn't rotate any in the barrel.
Yep! Me too. Furthermore it maintains the velocity and accuracy, avoiding the bolt to go backward when you shoot.

mcarterbrown.com » Ebay » Rare and Old