mcarterbrown.com  

Redux Home of the Redux

Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #41 (permalink)
it's not brain science !

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
How far do you have the tpc turned in ? Try not pumping it so hard ?
tedaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #42 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
I didn't touch the TPC actually. It was shooting 250ish right out the box which was fine for me. It was a slow day and I was shooting awesome paint at renters so it was plenty of velocity.

I suppose I could swap springs and back out the TPC.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

a stronger valve spring will help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #44 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
So just a little update here, I had the new Duck out on it's maiden voyage yesterday. Noticed something a little strange throughout the day.

For some reason, you can cock this particular Duck without being aired up. I payed no mind to it, until I got it out on the field. When aired up, if you are forceful when loading it, the valve will squeak/pop/etc. If you're gentle with it, there's no issue. It's only if things are getting chaotic. But, I was able to dumb an entire 12g by pulling the slide back hard and holding it. I'll be messing with the springing to see if I can correct it, but it does it with the standard set of phantom springs; silver main and silver valve. I suspect there may be more to it than just the springing, but I'm not sure.

Second, my shot count was atrocious. But I'll attribute that to the fact that it was rather cold and rainy at the field yesterday, not the fault of the gun

Overall, it was a pretty good day. I'd say that the Duck performed admirably, and served me quite well for the day. Scored quite a few good eliminations including two shots on moving targets, and one surrender. I also suffered four of these throughout the day, at the hands of the same person, who happened to be a girl, whom I'm pretty sure was punishing me for shooting her in the chest

EDIT: Just noticed BlueDragon is having the same issue! So I'm not alone with this. Does yours cock without air too? I tossed a nut into the end of the valve to stiffen up the spring, but it still does it. I'm wondering if there is a design flaw somewhere.

EDIT #2: My suspicion would appear to be correct. I popped the slides off both the Duck and the Redux to see what was different, and this is what I found.

Redux Snub

Duck Snub

It would appear that the Duck snub's slot is longer than the Redux's. By about 3/16 of an inch. I would think that is A: why we're able to dry fire the gun and B: why we're noticing issues with valve squeak or why I can dump a full 12g if I push hard enough. I think I'm actually going to take a video of this, as it sounds ridiculous but I've been able to do it both times I tried.

Steve, if you see this, this may be something worth correcting to prevent any issues!

Last edited by dm6rocker; 10-08-2012 at 10:40 AM.
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #45 (permalink)
Lathe Fiend

I think that is your issue. My boxgun has the same sqeak problem because the cocking slot is too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
CNC's are for nerds...
MCB Feedback

Sheridan Misc FS: Grips, bodies
sniper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #46 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
dm6rocker, that's exactly what I was experiencing. I assumed it was for the same reason. As stated above I'm hoping respringing and unscrewing the TPC will reduce or fix the issue.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #47 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Any updates fellas its been slow here for wayy too long.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #48 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
I played with mine again today. I put the lightest mainspring I had in it and went to town. Went to a field in San Jose. It got a lot of looks and "that's awesome"s as it should.

As to the performance, now that I'm paying attention to how hard I'm pumping it I'm not squeaking as often. Still not as efficient as I'd like it to be, though. Though I may try a few things.

I've just got to get used to the right feed since all of my other guns are vertical. And I mean from the standpoint of feeding paint when I'm leaning out of the right side of a bunker. Since it's right feed it aims better than anything else I've shot. I found I was naturally using the sites nearly every time I shot.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #49 (permalink)
it's not brain science !

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
played with mine today too . Got about 30 shots a 12 gram in 80 degree weather shooting 275 -280 FPS with no squeaks from the valve . I didn't even break a ball all day and I shot about 15 tubes of paint . If you haven't yet I would try running it without the return spring . Makes it a lot easier to pump and makes it oh so smooth . Redux 4 life !!!
tedaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #50 (permalink)
Weekend Warrior

RTP Fan
80 degrees in Oct...... I am so ****ing jealous.

Sprinting with the gun cocked would suck without a return spring.

WTB:

Last edited by llaw999; 10-28-2012 at 10:23 PM.
llaw999 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Redux