mcarterbrown.com  

Redux Home of the Redux

Old 10-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #51 (permalink)
it's not brain science !

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I don't keep it cocked if I am sprinting .
tedaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
At once point when I was sprinting I did notice the slide came all the way back. It was already cocked. I didn't run the same way after that and it was fine. I do have a return spring so I think it'd probably be an issue if I didn't.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #53 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Man if these are sliding when running either you are a real arm swinger or the slide is smoother than Barry White.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
Carmatech SAR-12 BTT #006

^hahaha
These look SiCK

Sponsored by Tiberius Arms Factory, Military Assault Gear

Fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Man if these are sliding when running either you are a real arm swinger or the slide is smoother than Barry White.
I was sprinting to center 50 off the break, so yeah, I was pretty into it
Old 11-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #56 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Any update on the slide issue? I'm considering picking one of these up and wondered if there had been any word from VKC about it.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #57 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Just got off the phone with Rick. He said he'll have 4 new VKC ducks this week! They are all at the anodizer now.

I asked him about the slide issue and he said that he's now added a set screw system under the gun by the trigger frame that will allow you to adjust where it will stop when you pump the gun. He said it wasn't a problem for everyone but he wanted to provide an option for those who wanted to adjust it. He also said adding a stronger spring should also help with the problem for those who have the issue. It was pretty cool to talk to Rick and hear about the development of these new ducks and the Redux.

If I can sell what I've got out there now I will be sending Steve some PayPal funds for one of these soon!
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #58 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

This is great news for would be Redux owners. I'm glad to see they are still tweaking the design. One day maybe Ill get a chance to do a side by side comparison.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #59 (permalink)
X0317

Send a message via AIM to dm6rocker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Just got off the phone with Rick. He said he'll have 4 new VKC ducks this week! They are all at the anodizer now.

I asked him about the slide issue and he said that he's now added a set screw system under the gun by the trigger frame that will allow you to adjust where it will stop when you pump the gun. He said it wasn't a problem for everyone but he wanted to provide an option for those who wanted to adjust it. He also said adding a stronger spring should also help with the problem for those who have the issue. It was pretty cool to talk to Rick and hear about the development of these new ducks and the Redux.

If I can sell what I've got out there now I will be sending Steve some PayPal funds for one of these soon!
While it's great that someone has finally seen the light over there, it's silly how they're doing it. It's a simple snub issue. Heavier springs do little to help, I have the heaviest spring I could find with an extra 1/4" of spacers in the valve to make it even harder. Still does it. The snub slot is milled about too long, and should really be corrected. I spoke to Mongo about it several times, since it should be a VERY simple fix, and asked if I could pay for a new snub with the corrected measurements. I have heard nothing for months. I checked every nelson I could get my hands on. Every single one had a 1.25" slot. The Duck's is almost 1.5 inches. It's simply too long, and that's what's causing the issue. I'd bet my last dollar that if they tweaked the slot, the gun would never have another issue. And you wouldn't have an ugly setscrew sticking out of the frame.

At this point, I want to see if I can get someone on here who can make a new snub for me with the right measurements, because I can't seem to get anyone else to answer.

things for sale!
dm6rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #60 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
My concern with doing so on the aluminum snub is that eventually you could mushroom out the end of the slot from impact. That's definitely making a case for a stainless snub, but you'd have to see.

Honestly after my second weekend of playing with it (FEW) it no longer bothers me. To the point that I didn't even bring it up to Steve, who was there. I'm actually very happy.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Redux