mcarterbrown.com  

Redux Home of the Redux

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
sniper97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

CCM Fan
Your standard deviations numbers are being greatly effected by the low shots at the end. It may be more useful to run std numbers over the first 30 shots, this will really tell you how consistent it is.

I would start around 270-275fps, some of your shots are not really usable....although you are getting alot of really good shots off a 12 gram.
__________________
Originally posted by heinous: "sniper's gun always gets extra camera love"
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3
 
PB Weasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts

Palmers Fan
May I suggest you fully load the dux, one in the chamber and a full feedtube, then fill the feed tube fully two more times and try to get those 37 shots to be as consistent as possible. Accuracy as we all know in paintball is derived from consistency . . . good luck and keep it up.

Just leaving this here:

(DATA FROM 04-28-2011)

Well I was bored so I tried to get some info about my redux's efficiency here is the data:

71*F, overcast/humid
Polished guts (everything from the powertube to the snub)
Green main out of a eBay cocker spring kit, and a mystery valve spring from a friend (all I know is it is heavy)
Standard redux, no extended barrel
Shooting nelson anarchy sized at .683 +- .002 from a brass Ty .675 insert

1) 293. 11) 286. 21) 275. 31) 281. 41) 244
2) 278. 12) 278. 22) 274. 32) 279. 42) 227
3) 286. 13) 279. 23) 276. 33) 279. 43) 218
4) 277. 14) 278. 24) 281. 34) 276. 44) 204
5) 284. 15) 281. 25) 278. 35) 271. 45) 181
6) 276. 16) 270. 26) 275. 36) 264. 46) 152
7) 276. 17) 281. 27) 272. 37) 269. 47) 130
8) 284. 18) 281. 28) 274. 38) 275. 48) DEAD!!!!!
9) 276. 19) 274. 29) 265. 39) 259
10) 284. 20) 274. 30) 279. 40) 245.

So from what I can tell I can get over forty usable shots (any shot above 230), maybe fifty if it is on the low 80's out side with a lower average velocity for the first 3 tubes. If my FPS never hits over 280 I think fifty shots is doable, with a usable field count of 35 to 40 playable shots.

Last edited by PB Weasel; 04-05-2013 at 09:36 PM.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
is my hero
 
Manning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis area

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
Your standard deviations numbers are being greatly effected by the low shots at the end. It may be more useful to run std numbers over the first 30 shots, this will really tell you how consistent it is.

I would start around 270-275fps, some of your shots are not really usable....although you are getting alot of really good shots off a 12 gram.
Yeah I picked up on that earlier but wasn't sure what to do. I think I'll try the first 30 shot method. Once I'm done I think I'm going to post a results thread in a clearer easy to analyze thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Mcb.... if it isn't modded, whored, lusted over or covered in mayo.... then that gun does not exist.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
is my hero
 
Manning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis area

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Weasel View Post
May I suggest you fully load the dux, one in the chamber and a full feedtube, then fill the feed tube fully two more times and try to get those 37 shots to be as consistent as possible. Accuracy as we all know in paintball is derived from consistency . . . good luck and keep it up.

Just leaving this here:

(DATA FROM 04-28-2011)

Well I was bored so I tried to get some info about my redux's efficiency here is the data:

71*F, overcast/humid
Polished guts (everything from the powertube to the snub)
Green main out of a eBay cocker spring kit, and a mystery valve spring from a friend (all I know is it is heavy)
Standard redux, no extended barrel
Shooting nelson anarchy sized at .683 +- .002 from a brass Ty .675 insert

1) 293. 11) 286. 21) 275. 31) 281. 41) 244
2) 278. 12) 278. 22) 274. 32) 279. 42) 227
3) 286. 13) 279. 23) 276. 33) 279. 43) 218
4) 277. 14) 278. 24) 281. 34) 276. 44) 204
5) 284. 15) 281. 25) 278. 35) 271. 45) 181
6) 276. 16) 270. 26) 275. 36) 264. 46) 152
7) 276. 17) 281. 27) 272. 37) 269. 47) 130
8) 284. 18) 281. 28) 274. 38) 275. 48) DEAD!!!!!
9) 276. 19) 274. 29) 265. 39) 259
10) 284. 20) 274. 30) 279. 40) 245.

So from what I can tell I can get over forty usable shots (any shot above 230), maybe fifty if it is on the low 80's out side with a lower average velocity for the first 3 tubes. If my FPS never hits over 280 I think fifty shots is doable, with a usable field count of 35 to 40 playable shots.
Looks like you got some great numbers. I wish I knew what valve spring you had in there. I probably should have put this on the front page, but my goal is consistency over shot counts. I'm running everything at the same TPC to see if I can determine the effect of just the spring combos on the shots. Once I settle on a combo or two, I'll start fooling with the TPC and get a field velocity range and then go for the true playable shot count. Maybe it's an unnecessary endeavor, but at worst I'll have just shot my redux more, and that's a good thing in my book.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Mcb.... if it isn't modded, whored, lusted over or covered in mayo.... then that gun does not exist.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist
 
Saint_TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lexington, SC

CCM Fan
Does the Redux have the ported or un-porterd (older style) TPC?
__________________
To die for an idea; it is unquestionably noble. But how much nobler it would be if men died for ideas that were true?- H.L. Mencken
Saint_TGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3
 
PB Weasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts

Palmers Fan
I have used both, mine came (i bought it used) with a ported brass cci style TPI.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
is my hero
 
Manning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis area

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootho View Post
Does the Redux have the ported or un-porterd (older style) TPC?
Mine came with the one on the left here:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Mcb.... if it isn't modded, whored, lusted over or covered in mayo.... then that gun does not exist.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
is my hero
 
Manning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis area

Palmers Fan
To address the problem with the standard deviation taking a hit from the low end shots I arbitrarily chose 30 shots as the sample from my shots and ran some calcs in excel on the first 30 from each string. I also added a FPS average and range for the first 30 to each result. I'm compiling this all in an easy to read and analyze table that will be posted in a results thread once I finish. Weather is choice today so I'll get in some more work.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Mcb.... if it isn't modded, whored, lusted over or covered in mayo.... then that gun does not exist.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
is my hero
 
Manning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis area

Palmers Fan
All conditions from the previous tests remain the same except the temp which was 59 degrees. I had some great numbers today! Here they be:

Yellow/Red:
1) 244
2) 232
3) 239
4) 241
5) 234
6) 240
7) 231
8) 235
9) 238
10) 237
11) 228
12) 240
13) 232
14) 242
15) 226
16) 232
17) 235
18) 214
19) 223
20) 232
21) 235
22) 235
23) 228
24) 231
25) 235
26) 230
27) 236
28) 240
29) 226
30) 234
31) 226
32) 238
33) 237
34) 226
35) 231
36) 233
37) 233
38) 223
39) 224
40) 221
41) 227
42) 233
43) 227
44) 225
45) 224
46) 227
47) 230
48) 227
49) 222
50) 216
51) 216
52) 204
53) 202
54) 188
55) 179
56) 159
57) 166
58) 146
59) 144
60) 136
61) 128
62) 111
63) 104

Me gusta...

I tried taking this combo up to 270 but couldn't get past 260 and that was with the TPC in all the way. I could set it 250 and roll through a ton of shots. Hmmm...

In an attempt to get higher velocities I ran a Green/Red combo today too. Here are those numbers:

Green/Red
1) 248
2) 246
3) 247
4) 248
5) 245
6) 238
7) 237
8) 242
9) 238
10) 237
11) 242
12) 232
13) 241
14) 239
15) 262
16) 249
17) 240
18) 240
19) 247
20) 237
21) 236
22) 236
23) 241
24) 236
25) 240
26) 233
27) 230
28) 229
29) 229
30) 229
31) 229
32) 227
33) 241
34) 241
35) 232
36) 245
37) 236
38) 234
39) 227
40) 241
41) 237
42) 240
43) 230
44) 235
45) 235
46) 217
47) 232
48) 227
49) 215
50) 213
51) 205
52) 194
53) 185
54) 170
55) 148
56) 144
57) 109
58) 108

Excel incoming
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Mcb.... if it isn't modded, whored, lusted over or covered in mayo.... then that gun does not exist.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Manning; 04-14-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
is my hero
 
Manning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. Louis area

Palmers Fan


Yellow/Red:
Shots = 63
Total Average FPS = 216.5
Total FPS Range = 140

Average FPS of 30 shots = 233.5
Standard deviation of 30 shots = 6.3
FPS range of 30 shots = 30

Green/Red:
Shots = 57
Total Average FPS = 225.5
Total FPS Range = 154

Average FPS of 30 shots = 239.8
Standard deviation of 30 shots = 7.2
FPS range of 30 shots = 33

It's easily apparent now that the red valve spring is producing the most consistency and the lowest dwell. I wasn't able to get to 270 with the yellow main though and didn't try to get that high with the green main but I'll give that a go soon. Up next is the blue and then silver main spring with the red valve. I thought the silver springs from CCI were equal to the Blue springs but Mike told me they were closer to the green springs in my Thunderpig set. We'll see.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Mcb.... if it isn't modded, whored, lusted over or covered in mayo.... then that gun does not exist.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Manning; 04-28-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Redux

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC