mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #101 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post

Wow. I had heard that power creep was a problem with Magic, but before looking up those two cards I had no idea how bad it was.

There's no way these things are real.How does "indestructible" even work?

http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/tc...GROE_EN_LR.jpg http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/tc...GROE_EN_LR.jpg
Honestly power creep is clearly a real thing... But it has fixed a few issues that the game has had for a good long time. Power creep has affected creatures more than any other card type. Creatures were supposed to be the backbone of the game, but in tournament play, they saw much less use than just finding some way to make 20+ mana and using a fireball effect ect. WOTC is making a clear effort to remedy that. Printing creatures that put pressure on decklists that run no creatures or low removal that would have not had that pressure before and means that tournament play is more varied across the board.... and i mean... modern. there's that too.

CHECK OUT ANGELPAINTBALLPARTS.COM

IM LOOKING FOR:

ANGELS

----------
Element Angel LCD, Rocky LCD, Rocky Ir3', Eclipse LED, Angel V8, Adrenalin Feather LCD,

MATRIXS
----------
Entity, Kapp Flame, Tequila, Tequila Sunrise, Freeflow Lockout, Image Matrix, Freeflow Matrix
grizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:55 PM   #102 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
forget indestructible...
the real killer is annihilator!

annihilator makes for bad times.

IM LOOKING FOR:

ANGELS

----------
Element Angel LCD, Rocky LCD, Rocky Ir3', Eclipse LED, Angel V8, Adrenalin Feather LCD,

MATRIXS
----------
Entity, Kapp Flame, Tequila, Tequila Sunrise, Freeflow Lockout, Image Matrix, Freeflow Matrix
Old 03-31-2014, 12:55 PM   #103 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Indestructible is a ***** , you need remove spells like Swords to plowshare or Path to Exile. And against Emerakul you need a creature ability or my favorite when things got to wild against a troop of Indestructibles was Hallowed Burial, good circle magic card when things were going to hell lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #104 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
forget indestructible...
the real killer is annihilator!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizle View Post
annihilator makes for bad times.
Nothing like having 8 permanents and getting annihilated for 6 lol

Quote:
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
Old 03-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #105 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

here are some more fun one that are among my faves.

IM LOOKING FOR:

ANGELS

----------

MATRIXS
----------
Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #106 (permalink)
Deplorable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizle View Post
here are some more fun one that are among my faves.
I just played a small legacy event yesterday.
oddly enough, the only card on there that sees play is Iona, and she's only in some reanimator builds.

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barack Hussein Obama = Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated Upon the American People

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #107 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
One of my fun decks is Pandemonium + Intruder Alarm + Godsire and I threw in Thousand-Year Elixir just because lol.

Quote:
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
Old 03-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #108 (permalink)
Duh-jent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3mium View Post

I REALLY Really really want to build a Rakdos or Izzet deck. But I feel they both are lacking in a few departments. I wish Izzet's scry land would be out. I think a lot of spells in Izzet are pretty bad at the moment, and need to be either mono-blue or mono-red for most of them, depending on how you want your deck to be built.
Izzet can be a pretty good deck, actually. It doesn't use any Izzet cards per se, but Magma Jet, Lightning Strike, counters, Spellheart Chimera and Young Pyromancer work pretty well. The lack of scrylands doesn't matter that much IMO; Steam Vents and a couple of guildgates works just fine.

Rakdos has a great rush deck. But I'm trying to base something around Master or Cruelties because I think it's a hilarious win condition.
My current thoughts: Would like some input on what could be changed/sideboard cards maybe. I definitely have skullcrack as a sideboard card just in case there's a lifegain deck.
Lands
4 Blood Crypt
4 Temple of Malice
8 Mountain
6 Swamp
22 Lands

Creatures
4 Master of Cruelties
3 Mogis, God of Slaughter
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Spike Jester
3 Hellhole Flailer
2 Rakdos, Lord of Riots
20 Creatures

Spells
3 Chandra, Pyromaster
4 Dreadbore
4 Magma Jet
3 Rakdos's Return
4 Mizzium Mortars
18 Spells

I would like to test this out and see how it works. The basis is that it looks like a rush deck, so control is wasted on early game creatures by the oppenent. And then I have a nice late game with Master of Cruelties, Chandra, Rakdos Lord of Riots, and Mogis. Also, Rakdos Return will definitely be strong, making them have to top deck constantly.
What do you think of putting in Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch instead of something like Hellhole Flailer?
If you want this deck to be competitive, you need to drop Rakdos and Master of Cruelties, and replace them with Firedrinker Satyr and Rakdos Shredfreak. It might not be a bad idea to drop a few spells for a few Exavas.

Utvara Hellkite is freakin awesome... Never seen him in play though. I was debating a Kaalia commander deck for a while, and I would throw him in there for total win.

Indestructible is a huge PITA, yes. Exile, sacrifice, or -1/-1 him.

Which brings me to the idea I had for my artifact commander deck; Platinum Angel + Darksteel Forge. I'd still get blown up by Merciless Eviction, but how many people have that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #109 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Indestructible is a ***** , you need remove spells like Swords to plowshare or Path to Exile. And against Emerakul you need a creature ability or my favorite when things got to wild against a troop of Indestructibles was Hallowed Burial, good circle magic card when things were going to hell lol.
That's why I love Celestial Flare in my mono white deck. It's nice to deal with any indestructible, and cheap costing.

edit: I want it to be competitive, but I'd rather make something "different". What I mean by that is I'd definitely like to win with this deck, but I'm not going to try-hard my decks for my local store. Just play casually on the weekends, trying new stuff. And if I wanted to keep it midrange, I should take out Master of Cruelties and put in Stormbreath Dragons. But I don't really want to do that. As for the mana curve, I understand. I'll switch it up.

Last edited by Pr3mium; 03-31-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Pr3mium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:33 PM   #110 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
I just played a small legacy event yesterday.
oddly enough, the only card on there that sees play is Iona, and she's only in some reanimator builds.
exactly! most of the power creep isnt really as much of an issue... making big beaters doesnt change a game that is decided by the 3rd turn most of the time.

IM LOOKING FOR:

ANGELS

----------

MATRIXS
----------

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » RPG - Table Top Games