mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #131 (permalink)
Now in 3D!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
hey, kinda cool to see im not the only one on here that plays, anyways i just got into MTG about a month ago. Since then ive been drafting with a small group of friends. With little to no success, does anyone have any pointers on drafting? i know to look for bombs and removals and such, but i feel im missing something. I always feel im drafting well, then when it comes to playing, i get demolished...
Old 04-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
hey, kinda cool to see im not the only one on here that plays, anyways i just got into MTG about a month ago. Since then ive been drafting with a small group of friends. With little to no success, does anyone have any pointers on drafting? i know to look for bombs and removals and such, but i feel im missing something. I always feel im drafting well, then when it comes to playing, i get demolished...
Take the rares.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #133 (permalink)
Now in 3D!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
unfortunately, thats not the way we play. we draft then throw all the rares in a pot at the end and draft them for the prizes.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #134 (permalink)
Duh-jent

Go to magicthegathering.com and read the limited information column in daily mtg. It's all about drafting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #135 (permalink)
Post Whore

Since I'm poking my head back around here...
I've played off and on since junior high way back when, left off just after the Onslaught set and came back now that some people at college play.
Honestly surprised that I've just updating the same elf deck for a decade now and it can still be a killer depending how unlucky my draws are.
My MCB Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Moriearty Hobby Supply on eBay and Facebook.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #136 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

I'm just getting back into it...I used to play religiously almost 20 years ago. I love all my old cards though...a LOT of powerful stuff. Since we're playing friendly games now and not following any kind of tournament rules all my white bordered stuff is allowed as long as I don't go overboard.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:27 AM   #137 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Dropped . If you consider a $1999.99...Wish I never did sell off my Library of Alexandria.
>sound of tires squealing<

I have at least one Ancestral Recall, white bordered...are you telling me, that single card someone might give me a grand for it?

Damn...I have a couple thousand cards at least, most bought before 1996. I might seriously be able to buy a new car?

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:14 AM   #138 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
>sound of tires squealing<

I have at least one Ancestral Recall, white bordered...are you telling me, that single card someone might give me a grand for it?

Damn...I have a couple thousand cards at least, most bought before 1996. I might seriously be able to buy a new car?
The Alpha, Beta and Unlimited cards have some good value. But your white boarder Ancestral Recall is "only" worth around $800 in good shape.http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/view/2720 But by ebay standards It looks like you could get a $1000 for it or more in mint shape. Ancestral Recall unlimited | eBay
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #139 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
The Alpha, Beta and Unlimited cards have some good value. But your white boarder Ancestral Recall is "only" worth around $800 in good shape.Magic The Gathering, magic cards, singles, card lists, deck ideas. But by ebay standards It looks like you could get a $1000 for it or more in mint shape. Ancestral Recall unlimited | eBay

And I thought my friend having a Tropical Island from his old stash wasn't half bad at value of $140.

Went to Grand Prix in Philadelphia yesterday. Did horrible in the main sealeved event. Though paying $40 and getting 6 packs + a Batterskull promo worth around $30 wasn't bad.

Entered a side event for stamdard. Went 3-2, placing 12 out of 32. If I didn't misplay so hard I should have beat this B/G deck, placing me in the top 4. My mono white devotion (midrange) deck really only struggles against control, which was my one other loss. I need something to deal with it. I just take out all my creature control for a more aggressive creature heavy deck (with 2 revoke existences for detention spheres), but that's still not enough. I believe I need it to be more aggressive some way.

edit: I also really want Godsend to come out for my mono-white deck. No god shall stand in my way. Not that they do anyways with the traps I set up with my celestial flares.

Last edited by Pr3mium; 04-13-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Pr3mium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #140 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah, control is a huge issue against my green deck. Black 'destroy creature' cards, too, but I can get those back now and then.
Blue is my nemesis. Thankfully, a shoebox of old cards I got at a garage sale had a handful of Tsunami's in it.
I need to go through and see what things are worth. I've got to have enough in these to pay off my car.
My MCB Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Moriearty Hobby Supply on eBay and Facebook.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » RPG - Table Top Games