mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-18-2014, 12:55 AM   #141 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3mium View Post
And I thought my friend having a Tropical Island from his old stash wasn't half bad at value of $140.
Dual lands / fetches were the place to invest. Power has been fairly stagnant relative to duals. A set of 40X (4 of each dual) revised duals was ~1000-1200 4-5 years ago. Now the same set is 3,500-4,000 all day. I'm glad I invested in them when I did.

CHECK OUT ANGELPAINTBALLPARTS.COM

IM LOOKING FOR:

ANGELS

----------
Element Angel LCD, Rocky LCD, Rocky Ir3', Eclipse LED, Angel V8, Adrenalin Feather LCD,

MATRIXS
----------
Entity, Kapp Flame, Tequila, Tequila Sunrise, Freeflow Lockout, Image Matrix, Freeflow Matrix
grizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:14 AM   #142 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

That makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #143 (permalink)
Deplorable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
That makes me want to cry.
many years ago i passed on my friend's beta collection thinking it was "too expensive".

within the last few years there has been a rather dramatic "ramping" of values of the reserved list cards.
i can only think that this will require a "proxy" rule for people wanting to play legacy.
this "proxy" rule already exists for vintage so why not for legacy?

the mana base alone for a competitive legacy deck list can range from under $1000 to incredibly stupid.
i could see legacy mana bases being what people "proxy" thus taking the pressure off the demand for duals.

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barrack Hussein Obama: The biggest fraud ever perpetrated upon the American people

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #144 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm wondering how much played cards are actually worth.
I've got craptons of cards, from alpha to modern with a bit of a gap when I left off, but I did get a shoebox full, and probably half of those were from white-border days.
Really, I keep them (organized by color, land/spell/creature, then alphabetically. I'm a nerd.) in boxes labelled for 1600 cards, and I'd have three of them packed if I condensed them down.
And pretty much all of them are played.
My MCB Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Moriearty Hobby Supply on eBay and Facebook.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:58 AM   #145 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Yeah, that's the thing... I have bunches of cards but most of them are like 10 cent commons. Course, oldest cards I have are a few from original Mirrodin...

Quote:
Old 04-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #146 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Machina View Post
I'm wondering how much played cards are actually worth.
I've got craptons of cards, from alpha to modern with a bit of a gap when I left off, but I did get a shoebox full, and probably half of those were from white-border days.
Really, I keep them (organized by color, land/spell/creature, then alphabetically. I'm a nerd.) in boxes labelled for 1600 cards, and I'd have three of them packed if I condensed them down.
And pretty much all of them are played.
Depends on what the card is really? Even a crappy Black Lotus will bring you in tons of $. The cheapest one I see is a Unlimited Black Lotus with a crease on the left side for $1,199.99 on ebay. Black Lotus Unlimited MTG | eBay So you may have a few cards worth a couple $ plus.

I remember paying $6 for Gaea's Cradle and had around 16 or more at one point. Now down to 6. back in the day my cousin asked me to pick him up some but the price had gone up to $10 each and he said forget it the price is too high lol. So we opened a Magic store and named it "Jeux Enchanté" and the Jester's Cap was what we used as the art work for our stores sign. Three months into the business I bought my cousin out because he didn't have time to work there, I was doing 6 of the 7 days so at that point I figured might as well do it all. That was from 1999 till 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #147 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

So I geeked out last night and played my first games of Magic last night in over 15 years.

I must say I enjoyed it

My very first game was a head to head match and I won 20-0! Using the same deck I had back then.

I ended up playing 10 matches using 2 different decks, I won 6 head to head matches and I won 2 matches vs 2 other guys as well and 2 of the games were 20-0 victories.

I was quite shocked, I figured all the modern deck's nowadays would kick the livin' **** outta my old *** cards.

I was especially shocked winning against 2 other guys, both of whom had massive stacks of cards to choose from. I think I only own a total of 150 cards at the most.

I will be playing again... Possibly spending more money making a deck that will make people not want to play with me lol
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:21 AM   #148 (permalink)
MCB Member

I refuse to spend money on single cards. Takes the fun out of the boosters and such for me.
It seems like there was a sort of power swing for a while. New cards kept getting more and more powerful, up through the Onslaught or Urza's Legacy blocks IIRC, but now it seems like things have balanced out again. I still run a few Beta cards, a lot of Onslaught, and now newer stuff is replacing some of my older stuff only because I'll give up the 2/2 for 2/1 with a small effect or something, for the same cost.
My MCB Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Moriearty Hobby Supply on eBay and Facebook.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #149 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass and Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Machina View Post
I refuse to spend money on single cards. Takes the fun out of the boosters and such for me.
It seems like there was a sort of power swing for a while. New cards kept getting more and more powerful, up through the Onslaught or Urza's Legacy blocks IIRC, but now it seems like things have balanced out again. I still run a few Beta cards, a lot of Onslaught, and now newer stuff is replacing some of my older stuff only because I'll give up the 2/2 for 2/1 with a small effect or something, for the same cost.
I used to spend hundreds of dollars on boosters when I started to get one card. Found it cheaper in the end to spend $40 on the 4 cards I needed lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #150 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Same here. It would be rare that I would ever get anything worthwhile from a booster. I did get a mox opal once, though

I do agree that opening packs is pretty fun

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » RPG - Table Top Games