mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-29-2016, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Paintballs Drunk Uncle

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Roll20 now WotC Licensed

"Up until now, Fantasy Grounds has been the only officially licensed virtual tabletop (VTT) platform for WotC's Dungeons & Dragons. However, that's about to change -- Roll20 has signed a license with WotC which enables it to distribute official D&D content, too. The first item out of the gate is Lost Mine of Phandelver (the adventure from the D&D Starter Set) for $19.99, and you can pre-order the upcoming Storm King's Thunder (due for release on Roll20 in September). The Roll20 modules come with pregenerated characters, image handouts, maps, and tokens. Below you'll see a bunch of images and screenshots from Lost Mine.

Roll20's co-founder, Riley Dutton, says "While Roll20 was designed to play nearly any tabletop game, the spark that pushed us to start the product was Dungeons & Dragons. Our very name, ‘Roll20’ comes from the concept of a ‘critical hit’ as popularized by D&D. For us, D&D represents an evergreen part of our gaming lives, and to be officially working with its creators and caretakers certainly feels like we’ ve made a winning roll."

Roll20 currently boats 1.6 million users, and says over 46% of them are D&D players. WotC's Greg Tito says "We’ re always looking to broaden access to Dungeons & Dragons, and Roll20 already plays a significant part of that expansion". It's also an ENnie-winner, and frequently releases interesting stats about its user base and game breakdowns."

Roll20 Becomes An Officially Licensed D&D Platform
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderating From Above

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I saw this last night, pretty sweet.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

i would to see classic models get made into this with rules changes like demon web pit model. or other classic one.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
I just wish my friends were not so cheap.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Disposable Income

I think I signed up for Roll20 once, but our group never coalesced. I think that it is an awesome resource, as I know it can be quite difficult as an adult to get a group all in one place with any semblance of frequency.
Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Paintballs Drunk Uncle

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
We have a small group of members here getting together on there weekly to play. We could use another if you wanted and were available.
Quote:
Old 12-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Disposable Income

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
We have a small group of members here getting together on there weekly to play. We could use another if you wanted and were available.
Yes, I will try to get my stuff in order. I travel a lot for work. I will be PMing you later for some extra deets.
Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
if you guys ever do cinematic unisystem, WoD, or gurps I'm down. I'm more experienced in WoD (a whole 2 campaigns) but I've got a lot of rules for the others so I'll acclimate quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?
Wabaanimkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Paintballs Drunk Uncle

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabaanimkii View Post
if you guys ever do cinematic unisystem, WoD, or gurps I'm down. I'm more experienced in WoD (a whole 2 campaigns) but I've got a lot of rules for the others so I'll acclimate quickly.
5e is really easy to pick up, especially in an online format since all the rolling mechanics can be saved into the character sheet as macros. Putting spells in can be cumbersome but not bad. I would suggest giving it a shot unless it's that you don't like the fantasy/swords and sorcery style of game.
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » RPG - Table Top Games