mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gear preference/questions

So I got myself a Gargoyle finally. Green/black #72. On October 30th I have a scenario game I am going to play in and want to get everything together as soon as possible so I don't need to worry about anything shipping late.

I am planning on buying the Ronin Gear stock class suspenders/belt, and a pbmafia drop pouch to haul everything onto the field. I also want to buy another barrel to bore for freak inserts, or just bore the stock barrel. Now we get into the needs. I need to get a velocity adjuster rod, and most likely a spring/parts kit since I don't have either. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get these items for cheap-moderate prices?

Also, when you guys play Stock class, what do you wear to hold your tubes/12s?
madzozs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

well I always run a joyride for tubes, best thing ever really. If you get the chance to try one, you'll end up buying one (its what happened to me). 12's I run in a shotgun shell stock holder. Fits around the wrist and fits 5 12's really nicely and within easy reach. Mostly run modified stock with a 3.5oz these days, I should get some 12's again sometime for some fun.

you got yourself a pretty gun there, someday I wouldnt mind picking one up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Present

CCM Fan
I run with these. So far, they've been quite good. Also, that scenario you're going to, is it in IL?

If you are what you eat, then isn't cannibalism the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

(caution: barrels are not like women, do NOT insert your p3nis into a barrel)
ComradeBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
well I always run a joyride for tubes, best thing ever really. If you get the chance to try one, you'll end up buying one (its what happened to me). 12's I run in a shotgun shell stock holder. Fits around the wrist and fits 5 12's really nicely and within easy reach. Mostly run modified stock with a 3.5oz these days, I should get some 12's again sometime for some fun.

you got yourself a pretty gun there, someday I wouldnt mind picking one up.
I was using the Ronin Gear Flipped out pack, and I have 2 ronin wrist wraps that hold 5 tubes/12s a piece. I didn't like the pack on the back because of not having a drop pouch. Plus I want to run bare minimum movement on everything. The flipped pack had plenty of movement when running around and that wasn't my favorite. I am also contemplating getting a 13/3k and setting the garg up to run off of that since my field has all day air. Less worry about whether or not I have enough for another shot in the cartridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeBenedict View Post
I run with these. So far, they've been quite good. Also, that scenario you're going to, is it in IL?
I wouldn't be able to do something like those. They would irritate the **** out of me. I don't like having stuff that high up on my arms, unless they are sleeves. The scenario is in New York.
madzozs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
I have a PB mafia wrist harness that I added a couple of elastic loops to for 12grams. Its holds 5 ten round tubes and two twelvies, between the paint/air in the gun and maybe an extra tube/12ie in my left pocket that is basically all I use, that gets me through playing both sides of a field, unless its a big game, the I will use the capless joyride pack. As for a dump pouch I use the right side pockets on my BDU pants and that is that.

Ed: BTW I got Gargoyle #00073, Green/Black colors.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Joyride and a dump bag
no caps, quick and easy
tetanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Paintball Fairy

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I play very aggressively - diving, crawling, always on the ground. Personally, the harnesses did not work for me as I would always manage to crush a bunch of tubes after a day of play.

Putting them in my mask strap or using wrist bands work the best for me! I have them oriented so the tubes are facing on the inner portion on my arm, so I can still dive and crawl.
Cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
I've used a few different SC harnesses, so far the best one I have used is a good old shotgun belt. Pockets work good for me for a dump pouch but the wife does perfer a Crown Royal bag hanging off her belt as a drop pouch.

CCI is a good place to get springs. Or you could talk to Rodney (RTR) and pick up theinsert to use Autococker springs suck as the Madmann kits which are easy to find and inexpensive.

Good luck and I hope you love the gun.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
I use a Joyride with an Cabela's on-stock shotgun shell holder to hold 12ies instead of the little one it came with. That or just a 13ci on bottomline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
thisissparta is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » RTR