mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   RTR (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/rtr/)
-   -   Anybody had any luck adapting an U/C kit to a garg? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/rtr/143764-anybody-had-any-luck-adapting-u-c-kit-garg.html)

Redbeard the Pirate 12-16-2010 01:39 PM

Anybody had any luck adapting an U/C kit to a garg?
 
I picked up a rainman kit, and even found a nut that would work to hold it on, but something is binding :/

Anyone else tried something similar with a rainman kit or other?

Deuce 12-16-2010 01:42 PM

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/313464/Wrait...%2018%2014.jpg

Like that? It's a Rainman kit as well on Garg lowers. Photo courtesy of Chopper Duke.

desertT1 12-16-2010 01:49 PM

I think work is starting to block images like crazy now, so I can't see what Deuce posted.

Is the frame angle the same as that of the Phantom's? I don't want to overstep anything, but I'm working on a kit (thread is in CCI section) that attaches at the VA mounting points. If RTR and CCI use the same angle where the VA mounts, that might be an option for Garg owners.

Redbeard the Pirate 12-16-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce (Post 1596220)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/313464/Wrait...%2018%2014.jpg

Like that? It's a Rainman kit as well on Garg lowers. Photo courtesy of Chopper Duke.

See, that's what made me think the rainman kit was possible, but on actually mounting the kit it seems that the rainman kit pump rod hole is slightly off, making it bind during the pump... And even more confusing it my friend has a vangaurd kit on an RTR trigger group and it works just fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertT1 (Post 1596234)
I think work is starting to block images like crazy now, so I can't see what Deuce posted.

Is the frame angle the same as that of the Phantom's? I don't want to overstep anything, but I'm working on a kit (thread is in CCI section) that attaches at the VA mounting points. If RTR and CCI use the same angle where the VA mounts, that might be an option for Garg owners.

I believe the RTR trigger is slightly different, as I had to adjust the vertical adapter when I mounted it from my CCI trigger frame.

desertT1 12-16-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbeard the Pirate (Post 1596298)
I believe the RTR trigger is slightly different, as I had to adjust the vertical adapter when I mounted it from my CCI trigger frame.

Well that's a bummer. For me though, not really for anyone else at this point. Anyone able to measure that angle to confirm?

ApoC_101 12-16-2010 02:28 PM

possibly some corner interference causing it to cock off on a bit of an angle, check the fit of the rainman attachment with the garg frame carefully, or ask chopper about it.

it would probably be easy to fix, takin a small file to the inside corner edge of the UC kit attachment piece. cut metal would not be exposed externally.

Deuce 12-16-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbeard the Pirate (Post 1596298)
See, that's what made me think the rainman kit was possible, but on actually mounting the kit it seems that the rainman kit pump rod hole is slightly off, making it bind during the pump... And even more confusing it my friend has a vangaurd kit on an RTR trigger group and it works just fine.



I believe the RTR trigger is slightly different, as I had to adjust the vertical adapter when I mounted it from my CCI trigger frame.

It works just fine, on that gun. This is my first Phantom though so I'm no expert on the pump stroke (I've had other nelsons though). If I put some muscle into it I can get a very light bit of drag but it takes more effort than you would find in normal use.

chopper duke 12-16-2010 02:47 PM

Redbeard, what part are you having trouble mounting? Are you meaning the pump kit isn't fitting on the frame correctly?

Redbeard the Pirate 12-16-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopper duke (Post 1596349)
Redbeard, what part are you having trouble mounting? Are you meaning the pump kit isn't fitting on the frame correctly?

No problem with the mounting, but when it is mounted it is binding during the pump stroke. I'm trying to think of the best terminology to explain this, but it seems like the hole that holds the pump rod is slightly offset from the slot that accepts the pump rod into the bolt. Because of that when I pump the pump rod is binding up against the trigger frame. I'll see if I can get a picture, but now that I'm thinking about it I wonder if maybe there was a mistake in manufacturing from Rainman... I'll see if I can try it with my friends garg framed phantom.

Rainman229 12-16-2010 03:35 PM

look at it form the bottom up. See if the lower rod is twisted to one side. If so twist the handle to straighten it. If you can't tell try twisting the handle anyway till it moves freely. The lower rod can bend and cause binding. Check the rods and let me know if the big rod is at an angle. If it is maybe one that the face is not totally true. I'll trade it out for you.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC