mcarterbrown.com

Old 12-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Anybody had any luck adapting an U/C kit to a garg?

I picked up a rainman kit, and even found a nut that would work to hold it on, but something is binding :/

Anyone else tried something similar with a rainman kit or other?
Redbeard the Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan

Like that? It's a Rainman kit as well on Garg lowers. Photo courtesy of Chopper Duke.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
2 Infinity and Beyond!

I think work is starting to block images like crazy now, so I can't see what Deuce posted.

Is the frame angle the same as that of the Phantom's? I don't want to overstep anything, but I'm working on a kit (thread is in CCI section) that attaches at the VA mounting points. If RTR and CCI use the same angle where the VA mounts, that might be an option for Garg owners.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/313464/Wrait...%2018%2014.jpg

Like that? It's a Rainman kit as well on Garg lowers. Photo courtesy of Chopper Duke.
See, that's what made me think the rainman kit was possible, but on actually mounting the kit it seems that the rainman kit pump rod hole is slightly off, making it bind during the pump... And even more confusing it my friend has a vangaurd kit on an RTR trigger group and it works just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
I think work is starting to block images like crazy now, so I can't see what Deuce posted.

Is the frame angle the same as that of the Phantom's? I don't want to overstep anything, but I'm working on a kit (thread is in CCI section) that attaches at the VA mounting points. If RTR and CCI use the same angle where the VA mounts, that might be an option for Garg owners.
I believe the RTR trigger is slightly different, as I had to adjust the vertical adapter when I mounted it from my CCI trigger frame.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
2 Infinity and Beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard the Pirate View Post
I believe the RTR trigger is slightly different, as I had to adjust the vertical adapter when I mounted it from my CCI trigger frame.
Well that's a bummer. For me though, not really for anyone else at this point. Anyone able to measure that angle to confirm?

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mind Detonator

possibly some corner interference causing it to cock off on a bit of an angle, check the fit of the rainman attachment with the garg frame carefully, or ask chopper about it.

it would probably be easy to fix, takin a small file to the inside corner edge of the UC kit attachment piece. cut metal would not be exposed externally.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard the Pirate View Post
See, that's what made me think the rainman kit was possible, but on actually mounting the kit it seems that the rainman kit pump rod hole is slightly off, making it bind during the pump... And even more confusing it my friend has a vangaurd kit on an RTR trigger group and it works just fine.

It works just fine, on that gun. This is my first Phantom though so I'm no expert on the pump stroke (I've had other nelsons though). If I put some muscle into it I can get a very light bit of drag but it takes more effort than you would find in normal use.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Redbeard, what part are you having trouble mounting? Are you meaning the pump kit isn't fitting on the frame correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Grand Poobah

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Redbeard, what part are you having trouble mounting? Are you meaning the pump kit isn't fitting on the frame correctly?
No problem with the mounting, but when it is mounted it is binding during the pump stroke. I'm trying to think of the best terminology to explain this, but it seems like the hole that holds the pump rod is slightly offset from the slot that accepts the pump rod into the bolt. Because of that when I pump the pump rod is binding up against the trigger frame. I'll see if I can get a picture, but now that I'm thinking about it I wonder if maybe there was a mistake in manufacturing from Rainman... I'll see if I can try it with my friends garg framed phantom.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
done

Send a message via AIM to Rainman229

look at it form the bottom up. See if the lower rod is twisted to one side. If so twist the handle to straighten it. If you can't tell try twisting the handle anyway till it moves freely. The lower rod can bend and cause binding. Check the rods and let me know if the big rod is at an angle. If it is maybe one that the face is not totally true. I'll trade it out for you.

Making paintball fun again

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ght=rainman229
Rainman229 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » RTR