mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me
 
BlueDragonX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Silicon Valley

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
So splat, the reason you opted to bore only that far into the adapter is so the freak won't be pulled out by the bolt. Correct?

If so, I may send my barrel and adapter off to stanchy.
That pic's of my barrel, actually. I came up wit the measurements and sent it to Stanchy.

And yes, that's how I did the measurement. The bolt only contacts the adapter, the freak sits far enough in that it's never touched. The bolt face actually sits about a millimeter inside of the insert, but it's significantly smaller than any bore insert you would conceivably use.
__________________
Proud XO of Ghost Recon

Last edited by BlueDragonX; 01-15-2012 at 09:56 PM.
BlueDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
shadow_772's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Over hill yonder'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonX View Post
That pic's of my barrel, actually. I came up wit the measurements and sent it to Stanchy.

And yes, that's how I did the measurement. The bolt only contacts the adapter, the freak sits far enough in that it's never touched. The bolt face actually sits about a millimeter inside of the insert, but it's significantly smaller than any bore insert you would conceivably use.
Gotchya. Do you know if SSC still has your measurements?
__________________

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
starts off small at first
 
splattttttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bean Town, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
So splat, the reason you opted to bore only that far into the adapter is so the freak won't be pulled out by the bolt. Correct?

If so, I may send my barrel and adapter off to stanchy.
I was just stirring the pot a bit. Great mod/idead by BlueDragonX I wanted to push.
__________________
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others which have been tried." Winston Churchill

THE-SHOOTIST Anyone chubbin' like me for this?
mailmanmike Since Monday! That's more than 4 hours though, so according to those cialis ads I should see my doctor.
tlane77 I think for a non-chemical chubby it's 6 hours before its time to see a doctor. So you should be good for another couple hours.
splattttttt I wasn't goin to google "chubbin" because I assumed it had to do with fat. The lard type, not the fun stuff. But what ever feelings Jeff's experiencing, then they must be of the fun like stuff...
tlane77 He's got a woody for your woods.
splattttttt land
splattttttt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
shadow_772's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Over hill yonder'

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
I was just stirring the pot a bit. Great mod/idead by BlueDragonX I wanted to push.
I agree, awesome mod!
__________________

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me
 
BlueDragonX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Silicon Valley

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
Gotchya. Do you know if SSC still has your measurements?
He should, I sent it to him along with a nifty diagram (I draw everything out for any non-standard machine work I have done). And if he doesn't, I can send it to him again.

You know, here it is anyways:



I almost forgot it was on my web server

I generally copyright this stuff BSD-Modified, so there's no confusion, though I failed to label this one. Meaning, it's free in every respect to do as you will with it, so I expect you all to send yours to Stanchy so he can make more
__________________
Proud XO of Ghost Recon
BlueDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
shadow_772's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Over hill yonder'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonX View Post
He should, I sent it to him along with a nifty diagram (I draw everything out for any non-standard machine work I have done). And if he doesn't, I can send it to him again.

You know, here it is anyways:

snip
I almost forgot it was on my web server

I generally copyright this stuff BSD-Modified, so there's no confusion, though I failed to label this one. Meaning, it's free in every respect to do as you will with it, so I expect you all to send yours to Stanchy so he can make more
Awesome, thanks a ton. I will probably do this in the near(ish) future.
__________________

Feedback +25|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » RTR

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC