mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #81 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member
 
RTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Tayshiss View Post
Anyone else having problems mounting this up? I find I don't have enough clearance to remount the vertical ASA to the trigger frame after mounting up the undercocking kit. The thumb screw encroaches on the top of the ASA where the thumb screw sits right above the top of the vertical ASA and I can't get the two bolts to properly line up to secure the ASA to the trigger frame.
Hmmm. I am wondering about this. I may know what your problem is. Shucks. If I am reading you correctly, the nut and the front of the ASA are banging together.

Ok, if that is it I have a solution........but it may take some trial and error.

Your ASA, is it rounded or sharp angled in the front?

If it's rounded it would be one of the first 20 or so Gargoyles produced. And those ASA's I filed by hand to get there shape. Yours may have just enough material left to be causing the problem.

If that is found to be the case, we can work something out. But I may have a shortage of that part but I will look. In either case, if that's the case, I'll get it fixed one way or another.

Please let me know when you get a chance.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #82 (permalink)
Turn around...turn around
 
Austin Tayshiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a little grass shack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Hmmm. I am wondering about this. I may know what your problem is. Shucks. If I am reading you correctly, the nut and the front of the ASA are banging together.

Ok, if that is it I have a solution........but it may take some trial and error.

Your ASA, is it rounded or sharp angled in the front?

If it's rounded it would be one of the first 20 or so Gargoyles produced. And those ASA's I filed by hand to get there shape. Yours may have just enough material left to be causing the problem.

If that is found to be the case, we can work something out. But I may have a shortage of that part but I will look. In either case, if that's the case, I'll get it fixed one way or another.

Please let me know when you get a chance.
Yes sir! You are reading it correctly. The nut and the ASA are banging together. And yes, the ASA on my gargoyle is round angled in the front. She is #17 flown in from the Netherlands back home in the USA. I even tried flipping the thumb screw upside down (one of many desperate attempts). Then I referred back to the picture in the thread where you had it mounted up and I did notice that on your dust silver gargoyle, the ASA did have a sharp angle as opposed to my rounded one. Either way I love it and will play with the regular over-the-barrel pump for now until a viable solution can be found.
Austin Tayshiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #83 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member
 
RTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Tayshiss View Post
Yes sir! You are reading it correctly. The nut and the ASA are banging together. And yes, the ASA on my gargoyle is round angled in the front. She is #17 flown in from the Netherlands back home in the USA. I even tried flipping the thumb screw upside down (one of many desperate attempts). Then I referred back to the picture in the thread where you had it mounted up and I did notice that on your dust silver gargoyle, the ASA did have a sharp angle as opposed to my rounded one. Either way I love it and will play with the regular over-the-barrel pump for now until a viable solution can be found.
Well good. At least we know that it is a simple issue. And it is not a bad thing to have to play with your Gargoyle as it was born for awhile anyway

You could scout the local hardware/specialty store for a nut that would work and not look horrible. I will look and see what I have in the mean time. It would kinda be a shame to change out the ASA on one of the first batch Gargs, but we gotta do what we gotta do.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #84 (permalink)
Turn around...turn around
 
Austin Tayshiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a little grass shack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
Well good. At least we know that it is a simple issue. And it is not a bad thing to have to play with your Gargoyle as it was born for awhile anyway

You could scout the local hardware/specialty store for a nut that would work and not look horrible. I will look and see what I have in the mean time. It would kinda be a shame to change out the ASA on one of the first batch Gargs, but we gotta do what we gotta do.
Yep. I think I might check at the local hardware store tomorrow and see what I can find. I kinda want to keep the rounded ASA on now knowing that it is possibly one of twenty.
Austin Tayshiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #85 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member
 
RTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Tayshiss View Post
Yep. I think I might check at the local hardware store tomorrow and see what I can find. I kinda want to keep the rounded ASA on now knowing that it is possibly one of twenty.
No , it is one of the original 20. In fact, less than that because a few of the bodies were ruined during the first machining. And being 17 it's got to be one of them.
A second batch was made and some of those have rounded ASA's as well but there were not many in the second batch that had that before I decided to make the angled ASA which I like. But the originals hold a special place.

Happy hunting and let me know if you want to do something else.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #86 (permalink)
Turn around...turn around
 
Austin Tayshiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a little grass shack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
No , it is one of the original 20. In fact, less than that because a few of the bodies were ruined during the first machining. And being 17 it's got to be one of them.
A second batch was made and some of those have rounded ASA's as well but there were not many in the second batch that had that before I decided to make the angled ASA which I like. But the originals hold a special place.

Happy hunting and let me know if you want to do something else.
Ok here's my $2.47 temporary fix. First I got some nuts and washers from Home Depot.

Then I mounted it up.

It's not the prettiest but its working so far. I'm gonna test it out this weekend and see how it holds up.
Attached Images
  
Austin Tayshiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #87 (permalink)
Turn around...turn around
 
Austin Tayshiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a little grass shack...

Here's another pic
Attached Images
 
Austin Tayshiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » RTR

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC