mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Custom User

RTR modded Carter Pump - History lesson please Rodney

Hello Rodney

This summer my son asked me to buy him a pump marker off MCB with his money from his summer job. He picked out a Carter pump and I bought it on his behalf. When it arrived RussC pointed out that it had an RTR pump handle on it. I thought it was cool that he also had an RTR product, I still have Gargoyle 000001 ( Thank you ).

Recently talking to Short304 about one of his buy and sell items he pointed out that my sons Carter pump was 1 of 6 with both the pump handle and the spring feed mod. He also said there are a few more pump handles that were made.

My questions is ... can you tell me a bit more about the marker ? How many modded like this, is there any internal mods, how many pump handles did you make, when did this all happen, etc..... It just adds to the awesomeness to have the history.

Thanks

Heres a photo, BTW I think the previous owner changed the anno colour.

adam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
This gun wasn't an RTR original. I bought this gun back in maybe 2006 or 2007 as an original black Carter Buzzard. After that I got the pump handle from RTR a year later and then send it out to Noxx to get it re-anodized. It was suppose to be in teal, but somehow they messed it up and it was red. I received the gun back in 2008 or 2009 but parts were missing and the color was wrong, so I send it back to Noxx to get everything fix. Fast forward to 2012, I finally get the gun back (with nothing else done to it), and the back valve piece was missing.

I took it to Earon Carter to get it tuned and he made that valve piece for me that is why that piece is raw and not polished or red like the other pieces. The spring feed mod was not done by RTR, rather it was done by Noxx before the anodizing. The only original piece on that gun is the RTR feed tube (i think?) and for sure the pump handle that I got from RTR back in the day.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

iirc the pump handle was one of the first items that RTR was marketing before the Gargoyle - and there were a very few of them that went out - but my memory is vague on it.... age - ugh....

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
This gun wasn't an RTR original. I bought this gun back in maybe 2006 or 2007 as an original black Carter Buzzard. After that I got the pump handle from RTR a year later and then send it out to Noxx to get it re-anodized. It was suppose to be in teal, but somehow they messed it up and it was red. I received the gun back in 2008 or 2009 but parts were missing and the color was wrong, so I send it back to Noxx to get everything fix. Fast forward to 2012, I finally get the gun back (with nothing else done to it), and the back valve piece was missing.

I took it to Earon Carter to get it tuned and he made that valve piece for me that is why that piece is raw and not polished or red like the other pieces. The spring feed mod was not done by RTR, rather it was done by Noxx before the anodizing. The only original piece on that gun is the RTR feed tube (i think?) and for sure the pump handle that I got from RTR back in the day.
Wow. So you got caught up in the Noxx time warp. The marker looks awesome for all your troubles. My son likes it very much BTW.

So the feed tube and pump handle are RTR but the tube was modded by Noxx. Its a small world, I have a fair number of custom pieces by Noxx. Mostly Automag components but I have a complete Mag rifle by Noxx as well.

Thanks for the bit of history. I deleted all my PM's recently and couldn't remember who the Carter pump came from.

Cheers
Old 11-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

I asked Rodney (RTR) how many he made back when I owned one and his responce was 6x full RTR'd Buzzards (ie: w/ RTR pump handle and RTR feed tube) and 20x each of the pump handles and feed tubes... so it looks like you've got 1 of 20x pump handles made (or 1 of 26 depending on how you look at it)... I'll see if I can find the PM in my super old undeleted PMs...
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member

That Carter just looks damn nice.

I think everyone above pretty much covers my involvement. But I will add this tidbit:

That pump was born when my dear friend Mathias 'Gizmo' Luber passed away. In his gear was an unfinished Gecko Blaster pump arm which I asked Earon to place side arm holes in and throw some arms on it for me. I use it on my maroon Buzzard.

Everyone after that was because of that idea.

If you have the pumps with 1/4 slots (Below image) than you are lucky to have the first ones (Besides mine) and I believe there are only two.

One was a gun grey:

The other was red I believe. Have never seen that gun again.

Any other ones with thinner slots are those made after the first two.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post

That pump was born when my dear friend Mathias 'Gizmo' Luber passed away. In his gear was an unfinished Gecko Blaster pump arm which I asked Earon to place side arm holes in and throw some arms on it for me. I use it on my maroon Buzzard.

If you have 1/4 slots than you are lucky to have the first ones (Besides mine) and I believe there are only two.

Sorry to troll adam45, but that's really cool Rodney... two MORE things I didn't know!
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Custom User

Quote:
That Carter just looks damn nice.

I think everyone above pretty much covers my involvement. But I will add this tidbit:

If you have the pumps with 1/4 slots (Below image) than you are lucky to have the first ones (Besides mine) and I believe there are only two.

One was a gun grey:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...winnerRTR2.jpg

Thank You Rodney and everyone else for your contribution.

Rodney, I assume you mean the diagonal " 1/4 slots" on the sides of the pump. If so the one my son has is from the later batch, the slots are narrower and more frequent on his. Still a very nice addition to this Carter.

Short304, no worries. Little bits of knowledge slip through the cracks if we arent paying attention. And ya, its pretty cool
Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Stock Class Sauté

Quote:

One was a gun grey:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...winnerRTR2.jpg

I won the gun grey one in the RTR raffle a few years back. Still have it in the collection.

Chefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefdave View Post
I won the gun grey one in the RTR raffle a few years back. Still have it in the collection.

http://imageshack.us/a/img355/171/img0584fp7.jpg
I was very tempted to keep that one for myself Glad you still have it!
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » RTR