mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Trigger frame overtravel stop issue

First question Rodney; were these threaded? This is the only one I have that has a spot for a flat head. The other two are in far enough and rounded while not affecting the pump stroke.

This one seems out too far and is not letting me push the bolt back far enough to let paint into the breech. I attempted to screw it in/out and it won't budge.

Suggestions? I already thought of taking a dremel or grinder and killing it but don't want to risk damaging the trigger assembly.

Last edited by Donut SD; 09-04-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member

Whoaoh! That slot is something that I did not do. No trigger frame of mine ever went out like that. Used I assume?

Those are blue loctited. Heating the frame ~sometimes~ will allow you to drop the pin out.

If you just cannot get it out, modify the guide rod a little at a time by taking some of the length off. From the non threaded end.

This pin is there for a reason of course. But next time it will be a threaded piece.

Sorry for the trouble.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

No Trouble, its mcb we create solutions

Yes used. Will a hair drier work? Lol I'm limited on heating agents unless its that or fire. Maybe boiling water. I just want it in a bit further. Ill get back once I've tackled it.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
RTR
MCB Member

A few things you can try....a blow torch. Which I've used with mixed results because it expands both materials and becomes a real bugger to hold onto.

I soldering iron can work because the heat will be for the most part confined to the steel pin initially.

And some solvents work at derading loctite as well but they are hard to get to the actual loctite inside.

And of course some pins were installed that fit tighter than others.

- Or shorted your guide rod.
RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'll give that a shot. I think I have a soldering iron around the house. I'll snoop around once I get back home.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCD Member

I've use a lighter before to loosen up red loctite on a cocker front block. Takes a little while, but it did the trick. I would recommend using the kind with a long tip... and wear gloves. Apparently aluminum is a good heat conductor...

I don't think a hair dryer gets hot enough.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Tried the soldering iron. Too slow...I found a mini torch and got to work. I was able to loosen up the loctite and get the overtravel pin to move, but then I realized I don't have a way to pull it out. I couldn't push it in farther so I assumed it's bottomed out in there.

Next step, I might grind a tiny groove to get my oring picks to pull it out. I want the pin smaller before I start messing with the cocking rod.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » RTR