mcarterbrown.com  

Rubber Duckies Rubber Duckies Pump Team

Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

question about a gun from one of your gravity league vids

So i was checking out the vids from the gravity league and your camera man was using a RF cocker with a stock class feed. Im curious to see where he got that feed and how he attaches it to the marker. Any info would be greatly appreciated
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Likely the RF was knocked out and then the body tapped for a phantom feed.

Alternately, I went with a PTP body:

since the powerfeed screws right off, which leaves you with two convenient pre-drilled holes to attach the feed directly. Also, since the body is a '99 spec, it is a little more forgiving for 12 gram efficiency:

I'll use this one for true stock class games, but for just a limited paint format, its a hellava lot cheaper to invest in one of these for a standard vert feed:

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusskiX View Post
Likely the RF was knocked out and then the body tapped for a phantom feed.

Alternately, I went with a PTP body:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...amoSniper1.jpg

since the powerfeed screws right off, which leaves you with two convenient pre-drilled holes to attach the feed directly. Also, since the body is a '99 spec, it is a little more forgiving for 12 gram efficiency:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...X/SDC10262.jpg

I'll use this one for true stock class games, but for just a limited paint format, its a hellava lot cheaper to invest in one of these for a standard vert feed:

http://www.iisports.com/assets/image...Xp3092a-H0.jpg

Good luck!
Running unregulated 12 grams wont destroy the internals? A powerfeed body do the holes need to be modified at all? Is the feed held on by 1 or 2 screws? What about the pre 99 snipers allows this to work better?
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Cousins View Post
Running unregulated 12 grams wont destroy the internals? - Hell no! Remember back in the day there was no regulated air.
A powerfeed body do the holes need to be modified at all? Nope, not really. I believe they were 10/32 pitch, so just get the appropriate length screw and attach using the front hole in the phantom feed adapter.
Is the feed held on by 1 or 2 screws? The phantom feed only has one hole, but I ghetto rigged a set screw for the 2nd (rear) powerfeed hole to prevent too much twisting (torqueing) when reloading.
What about the pre 99 snipers allows this to work better? In a word devolumizing; see discussion here: Snipers on 12 grams / CO2 discussion
Good luck
Old 01-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB>my wallet

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'll post this here for future reference. I've had so many people ask me about this gun and it's definitely one of my favorites.

I absolutely love that gun. It started as an old 98-99 RF cocker I bought from a guy I work with. It had sat in his closet for almost a decade. I cleaned it up and removed the crappy "splash" paint job.

I then gave it to my friend to remove the feedneck and tap a hole for a phantom feedblock. The phantom feedblock fits perfectly along the curve of the body with no alteration. It's not too difficult of a modification to do.
Stock Class cocker body build. Phantom Feedblock

Then I had another friend make me a pump kit just because i wanted something unique.
GtrLvr: this on is for you

With an old duckbill asa it's the right length for me with a 13ci tank and since it's a pre2k cocker it runs 12 grams unregged with no problem. I get about 30 shots per 12 gram and about 200 on the 13.

Scenario Paintball TV(SPbTV)-Paintball videos from the Northeast, South Carolina and Europe
feedback
GtrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Rubber Duckies