mcarterbrown.com  

Scenario and Big Game Archive Archived Games and Discussions

Old 03-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Oct 2-3 '10, RAP4 Operation End War @ TAG Paintball CA

In the 2016 a nuclear exchange over the Middle East eradicates 20 million people, a way of life, and the most of the world’s current oil supply. Crude oil prices skyrocket to a previously unheard of $1000 per barrel.

By 2017 the US and Europe eliminate the threat of a world-wide nuclear holocaust the US and EU deploy a comprehensive low orbit anti-ballistic missile system. Russia’s intel operatives get a hold of the plans and builds a version of its own. ICBM’s are made completely obsolete.

Russia, now in possession of the areas containing a large majority of the world’s oil supply experience tremendous economic growth. With this major influx of wealth, Russia rapidly re-establishes itself as the major global superpower and rebuilds her military strength.

All of Europe, excluding the UK and Ireland, come together to create the European Alliance. The new unified Europe becomes a ‘THE’ Superpower of the 21st-century.

In 2020 the United States has nearly finished construction of the Star of Freedom, a military platform placed in low orbit. As this platform houses not only a sophisticated anti-missile system, but 2 full companies of marines with the ability to deploy anywhere planet side within 90 minutes, the balance of power has once again shifted in the United States’ favor. Outraged the European Alliance withdraws participation from NATO in an act of protest

Tension is reaching an all time high between all three factions and the war to end all wars is about to begin.

This will be an entirely magazine fed scenario and we're bringing the markers if you don't have one!!

The official website is finally up and running at www.operationendwar.com or you can go directly to the forums at forum.rap4.com
Wolf Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Viper Paintball

Viper returns to California - Press release

RAP4 and TAG Paintball will use Exclusive “Viper RTS” Gaming System for “Operation: End War”

Hollister, CA—The revolutionary scenario game “Operation: End War,” coming this October 2-3, will make full use of the proprietary Viper RTS scenario game system and RAP4’s cutting-edge marker technology. The event will be the first of its kind, as all markers will be magazine-fed in strict keeping with the mil-sim theme. Sponsored by scenario equipment leader RAP4, admission for “Operation: End War” includes a full rental package of RAP4 T68 magazine-fed marker, extra magazines, and a belt to hold them.

When planning the event, and considering the tactical and strategic focus of play, the organizers felt that the exclusive “Viper Real Time Strategy” (RTS) gaming system innovated by Viper Paintball was the only format they wanted to use.

The Viper RTS system creates a game environment that is simple to understand, with layers of complexity for those who choose to immerse themselves. This creates a scenario game that puts full control into the hands of commanders and players. The commanders set the pace, create their own strategy, and test their maneuvers while players engage in constant, meaningful action. There are no spoon-fed missions or strange scoring inconsistencies. Everything is “above-board” and directed by the commanders and the players.

Viper Paintball is eager to bring their Viper RTS system to the west coast, and feels that this tactical environment will make for an awesome west coast debut.

Patterned after “Real Time Strategy” video game designs like those used in “Command & Conquer” and “StarCraft,” points in the Viper RTS are accumulated by accomplishing objectives and strategically placing forces. Money is the result of your activities on the field, and supplies are made available by the possession of certain objectives and having the necessary funds to purchase them. Scoring and tracking is done by proprietary “Viper RTS” software.

Viper Paintball is excited to be working with RAP4 and TAG Paintball to bring this incredible, truly unique event to the players. The combination of the unique Viper RTS format, the tactical aspect of RAP4’s magazine-fed markers, and a great field like TAG, should make this an event to remember.

Attendance will be capped at 400 players, so register NOW!

Event details, registration info, and news updates at: Operation End War

Gear provided by RAP4: Real Action Paintball

Scenario implemented by Viper Paintball: Viper Paintball :: 26 Hour Paintball Events (News)

Host field Tag Paintball: TAG Paintball - Things to do in Hollister, San Francisco Bay Area Paintball, Paintball in San Jose CA, Paintball Fields in Northern California, Paintball in Santa Cruz, Paintball in Merced, Paintball Games in Monterey Bay, Paintball in Hollister or S

Viper Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Word from my associates in California is that they have paid registrations from all over the country who are excited about this magazine-fed only format and the Viper RTS system. I'm looking forward to getting out there and being part of this historic event!

Old 08-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Commanders needed for world's first large-scale mag-fed only event in Norcal

The event takes place at TAG Paintball in Hollister, California and is brought to you by RAP4. The event will feature the Viper RTS format, which is based on the "Real Time Strategy" genre of video game like StarCraft, Command and Conquer, and others. Missions are created by the commanders based on their strategy and tactics, and the action is constant.

This one-of-a-kind event will be the first large scale event limited to magazine-fed markers only. RAP4 is providing a T68 magazine-fed marker, as well as magazines and pouch, for every player as part of registration. Discounts are available for those who have their own magazine-fed marker.

Attendance is limited to 400 players, and registrations are coming in from all over the country from players excited about being part of this historic event.

But we need a couple of intelligent commanders. This isn't a scenario game where missions are spoon-fed to commanders, who simply appoint people to complete them. In a Viper RTS event the commanders dictate the action and the missions.

So if you're a strategist who wants to not only test himself, but be part of a historic paintball event, drop a note to Peter Rauholt at RAP4. His email address is peter@rap4.com

Details about the Viper RTS format can be found here: http://forum.rap4.com/question/viper...rules-qa-14294

Event details can be found at Operation End War

Here is a link to the official event forum

Last edited by Viper Paintball; 08-25-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Still looking for commanders!

Old 09-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Event Map

Old 09-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
D G
Team-PAIN

i'm by no means a mil-sim guy, but if i was in cali, i would make all sorts of arrangments to attend this. i hope you get a good turnout and expand to other states. perhaps the east coast. perhaps even a field in ny/nj/ct/pa/md.

i would love to see not only mag-fed markers in a game like this, but also have it open to guns with tac-caps and to pumps. also allow use of first strike rounds for the added element of fun. since there probably won't be as much paint sold, i'd be willing to pay a little more for admission. the game will probably have that much missed old-school feel. anyway, good luck and hope to see this format at a field near me.
D G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Viper, RAP 4, and TAG Paintball and pleased to announce that we have finalized our two commanders for this event.

Commanding the United States' Joint Strike Force (JSF) from the west base, will be George “Tazz” Gonzalez of Bandits Splat Paintball. Tazz has played paintball just about every other weekend for the past seven years. He has commanded at multiple fields and events, as well as assisting the military with training using paintball. Tazz has stated “It will be an honor to general at this one-of-a-king, mag-fed game.”

His opponent, leading the European Federation from the east base, will be Vic “JakoDar” Morris of Team Black Watch. He has played all over the country for many years at many different fields and events, serving as everything from basic grunt to field commander to general. They use the name “Black Watch,” and their official tartan, with the full permission and endorsement of the 3rd Battalion, Royal Regiment of Scotland, and have even visited, and been given a tour of, their headquarters. “Jako,” as he is called, is friendly, intelligent, and experienced, and we are glad to have him on board.

The commanders and their armies will swap bases on Sunday for purposes of game balance.

This should be a great match up, and we are confident that players on both sides will have a great time playing for these two leaders. We thank them both for stepping up and taking on this challenge, and for helping us bring the players a weekend they won’t soon forget.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

1st one done...

REPORT:

1) Sorry for being 'unplugged' for so long...been busy getting ready for this event (......and our LE division / PB Image site / PB Extravaganza / new web site / CQB / etc)

2) Event is now over..."BOY, THAT WAS FUN!!!"

3) I am REALLY looking forward to next year's events BONUS: (Big Paul will host a few at our park as well!)

4) THANK YOU ALL for a wonderful experience, had over 100 players for the 1st event. Only complaints I heard was about a few marker issues...Thank You players (and staff!) for being SO gracious and forgiving.

5) Just erased my full PM box, I now can receive messages.

6) On to the next project, please comment and LMK what I can do better next time for you all.

Blessings,
R

Roland 'Bullseye' Chick - Owner of TAG Paintball,
"Northern California's Favorite Park, Since October 1984"
http://www.TAG-PAINTBALL.com
E-MAIL and PAYPAL: roland@tag-paintball.com
Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

"...As for me and my house...we will serve the Lord!" Joshua 24:15

REWARD for info leading to arrest & conviction of STOLEN GUNS: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...oken-into.html
tagroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Might be the wrong place but can anyone give a sitrap on this event. I am really interested in going next year or to any local (within 500 miles of Phoenix) mag fed only games. Thanks.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games » Scenario and Big Game Archive