mcarterbrown.com  

Scenario and Big Game Archive Archived Games and Discussions

Old 05-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well....... I'll have to chime in later when I get home from work.

My FS Listing
Misc bits-

My feed back:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1021

Carter's Commando Texas Division:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-division.html
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
In THAT SPECIFIC SCENERIO I would agree, since you have the advantage regardless. You are already aiming at them, and they would have no chance to fire at you.

But in my experience, that is not when "deadman walks" happen.

Generally, I see the tactic when there is no oppurtunity to confirm dead or alive. For example:

Players walking out of a fort, or bunker. Guns down, not firing. In a "casual" stance, not a "playing" stance. Already in close range. Barrel plugs? MOST FIELDS DO NOT USE THEM. Instead, they use barrel-socks, which are very hard to tell if they are on.

I have never been a hoser, and I -NEVER- "bonus ball". So I always confirm my targets. In the time it takes to yell "Dead or Alive", the other players can use that delay to send a large volley of paint in my direction.

Not breaking rules, but at the same time, makes it more likely that newbs might get injured.

nick
but wouldn't you, in the interest of self preservation have your marker at the ready as these players were exiting? and if they weren't indicating that they were out by raising their markers, as the rules tell them to, that they may in fact be live? If you then challenge them and they start to raise their markers instead of answering yes or no, wouldn't you then shoot them?

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you cant see a barrel sock, and their gun isn't over their head, put two in them and move on. If they aren't out, you haven't overshot them, and if they are, they got a reminder from one person, rather than ten, to signify themselves as such. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is an eliminated player's responsibility to make it known he has been eliminated. Get that gun up and get to shouting "hit!" "Dead man coming out!" "Dead man walking!" and such.

I've played games where even the "NPC"-style roleplayers were armed and willing to kill you if it made sense to their character, I figured out long ago that you assume anyone who isn't on your team, wearing a ref/nonplayer vest, or obviously dead is trying to kill you.

Nothing beats a good day at Mount Doom.
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze View Post
If you cant see a barrel sock, and their gun isn't over their head, put two in them and move on. If they aren't out, you haven't overshot them, and if they are, they got a reminder from one person, rather than ten, to signify themselves as such. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is an eliminated player's responsibility to make it known he has been eliminated. Get that gun up and get to shouting "hit!" "Dead man coming out!" "Dead man walking!" and such.

I've played games where even the "NPC"-style roleplayers were armed and willing to kill you if it made sense to their character, I figured out long ago that you assume anyone who isn't on your team, wearing a ref/nonplayer vest, or obviously dead is trying to kill you.
QFT. Your supposed to think, not have the producer think for you.

Quote:
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
Old 05-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Though I try not to do a lot of cross forum posting I felt this might be helpful in this new area. On PBjunkie there have been some good discussions on Scenario rules.

Scenario Reffing : Spies - PBjunkie.com

Scenario Reffing: Referee - Definition, Types & Associated Responsibilites : - PBjunkie.com

Senario Reffing Manual - for Refs by Refs and players alike... - PBjunkie.com

These are not the only threads just a few. I've already told some of the common members between PBJ and MCB about the new area/threads over hear. Maybe they'll join in. There definitely is a wealth of scenario experience [especially from the SE] on PBJ.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
The definition of a dead mans walk is:

Walking inconspicously in close approximation to your oppositions postion without giving cause for alarm.

That means walking around holding your marker without indicating that you are out.

Once you either, raise your marker, say you are out, and or place a BBD on your marker, you are no longer live, you have indicated you are eliminated and must /should leave the field. This is not a dead mans walk. Playing after you have indicated in any manner that you are not among the living is cheating.

I have read many of the posts here and it would appear that some are confused as to what the actual definition of a dead mans walk is. If your definition is anything other than what is at the top of this post, than most likely you have not been performing one correctly and that is the basis for the confusion.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

"I have read many of the posts here and it would appear that some are confused as to what the actual definition of a dead mans walk is. If your definition is anything other than what is at the top of this post, than most likely you have not been performing one correctly and that is the basis for the confusion."

I understand it..no confusion.........
RealtorTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
So then you are against walking? I walk around aimlessly with my marker at games all the time. So do most people.

Could you give me an example of what it is that you think is wrong, as in actual use on the field?

Quote:
Old 05-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

It's in the rules that I play by in Florida.....

This rule has stopped alot of problems......and I agree with the rule....

I have never played a scenario outside of Florida.....so I can only go by what I have seen before the rule change and after....after is better......

As far as playing here...yes I'm against it........
RealtorTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorTommy View Post
It's in the rules that I play by in Florida.....

This rule has stopped alot of problems......and I agree with the rule....

I have never played a scenario outside of Florida.....so I can only go by what I have seen before the rule change and after....after is better......

As far as playing here...yes I'm against it........
Ok, but can you help me understand what confusion not allowing it has cleared up. I don't understand where the confusion comes in. Can you give me an example of what would be considered a dead man's walk at the fields you play. What isn't allowed. Please.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games » Scenario and Big Game Archive