mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Scenarios and Big Games (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/scenarios-big-games/)
-   -   What would be the perfect scenario day for *you*? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/scenarios-big-games/104261-what-would-perfect-scenario-day-%2Ayou%2A.html)

Jaan 01-08-2010 01:27 PM

What would be the perfect scenario day for *you*?

I personally love role playing, and I like having goals to achieve rather than just running around shooting people.

A lot of scenario games I've played in though, it's hard to get into the game...for example, playing a "Transformers" game. I simply didn't feel like a giant robot who could transform into a cassette player.

Also, just running around shooting people without goals to me feels like playing baseball without bothering to run the bases, or football games that don't use downs or touchdowns.

What would you like to see in a scenario game? Would you like teams where you could really get into character, like in D&D or LARP'ing, or even a good video game for that matter? What goals do you like to achieve; scavenger hunts, sabotage missions, rescue missions, cool special weapons etc? What level of depth would you like to see; special areas of the field that could be unlocked for example?

1S1K 01-08-2010 01:32 PM

There is a small two story school that has been closed down for years near me and i would love to set up games in there.Room clearing,search and destroy and hostage rescue.:thumbup:

alpha434 01-08-2010 01:51 PM

^That would be a fun time.

Whatever we play, I like to play the on the bad guys' side. And I like to win hard.

You see, when the bad guys lose, they think; "well. Ok. We WERE the bad guys."

When the good guys lose, it's; "WTF?!?!? We're the good guys! How the hell can we possibly be losing!?!?!"

I had a great time last year at the local Red Dawn 8hr scenario. The producer always sets it up so that the Russians cannot possible win. Every year this way. This last year, we won. We beat those American school children so hard that they never completed their first objective (A blue pod containing their field map.) The producer couldn't find a way to stack the odds for them, when they couldn't even capture their map.

Phantom Mikey 01-09-2010 10:05 AM

The clash for Cancun, or Mardi Gra mayhem

I'd like to see a game where you have to play the whole game with your gun in your left hand and one of those tall, brightly colored plastic margarita cups in your right hand. In order to complete an objective, you would also be required to have at least 1/2 a drink left in your cup.

You can put the drink down to pump or reload, but you have to be holding it when you fire and fire left-handed.

Would that change your playing style?

thumper 01-09-2010 11:44 AM

I like a big onion..

easy simple game at the core - where all players can have fun w/o needing anything from anyone - easy, fun, shoot-um-up.

then a layer for missions: missions, counter missions, etc - to add something for those looking for that kind of thing.

then a layer for the C&C : to give the generals / XOs / RTOs something to do besides passing out missions.

then a layer for the role players : to add something for those looking for that kind of thing.

Wrap the whole thing in a theme and serve with good friends, good weather, good food, good paint, and plenty of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

PATCHEZ 01-09-2010 12:22 PM

^^^^ this one.